Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel's Initial Graphics Updates For Linux 5.11: More DG1, Integer Scaling, Async Flips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Initial Graphics Updates For Linux 5.11: More DG1, Integer Scaling, Async Flips

Phoronix: Intel's Initial Graphics Updates For Linux 5.11: More DG1, Integer Scaling, Async Flips

There's still more than one month to go until the Linux 5.11 merge window kicks off but Intel open-source developers have already submitted their initial batch of kernel graphics driver updates to DRM-Next...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Integer scaling? Does anyone know how to jump forward in time so I can have 5.11 NOW?

Comment

Intel is investing so much in the Linux stack.
      I wish they'd made a dedicated graphics card for gamers that would match the performance of a rtx 3800 or the upcoming amd 6800 series.

Having some high-end card would really justify the efforts they're putting into their drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir86 View Post
        Integer scaling? Does anyone know how to jump forward in time so I can have 5.11 NOW?
        Just sit still. Time jumps forward automatically.

Comment

integer scaling support for helping pixel art games and similar content
          Integer scaling is not just for pixel art or similar content, this is a myth and misconception. The main use case is scaling Full HD to 4K (and QHD/4K to 8K in near future) in modern 3D games for the purpose of increasing performance with no quality loss compared with a Full HD display of the same size.

Comment

Working...
          X