• Show
Clear All

Name suggestion: TomHanksFS

Everybody likes Tom Hanks

Comment

Originally posted by swagg_boi View Post
      Name suggestion: TomHanksFS

I fully support this! Lets start a petition!

Comment

It really is a shame ReiserFS threads always turn out like this. It would be pretty interesting to see benchmarks of Reiser4 and Reiser5 included in one of the normal XFS vs EXT4 vs Btrfs vs F2FS benchmark articles. The last Phoronix Reiser4 benchmark article was in 2018 and I don't think Reiser5 has been tested yet.

Comment

For US readers only:

I propose naming it "PaulFS"
          I'll show myself out

Comment

Originally posted by PublicNuisance View Post
            Man the Linux world is full of soy now. I wouldn't care if a file sytem was named after Hitler; Stalin; Pol Pot; etc as long as it is good code.
            Now? Just sometime in 2010 that the internet decided that 4chan was the new moral standard or something. Before than, people got banned and "canceled" for far less than now and no one gave a fuck, and it was often the conservatives highlighted shit like reiser why the internet needed to be censored. Good job, live down to the worst fucking stereotypes.

Its not like Linux is hard up for new filesystems, we already have WAAAY too many.

Comment

RenamedFS

Comment

Given that Reiser5 does not really seem to be based much on previous version's ideas, that would have been an opportunity for choosing a new name. Not that I understand why people are so squeamish about something being named after somebody who completely unrelated to his work on file systems also turned out to be a murderer.

Comment

TrumpFS: It makes walls easier to do. It segregates files better. The best filesystem for altright.
                  HitlerFS: Like TrumpFS, but with a more archaic design.
                  StalinFS: Remove most previously used concepts and put Hitler ones instead, but say it's better.

Jokes aside...

Is Reiser5 really interesting?

Comment

ReiserFS - its a killer

Comment

Originally posted by swagg_boi View Post
                      Unfortunately, Tom Hanks is on the list of democratic politicians and Hollywood celebrities who QAnon crazies think are part of a global child sex trafficking conspiracy.

Comment

Working...
                      X