Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vadi
    replied
    One of the reasons Adobe went with a 64bit for Linux was because of all the instability the 32bit one was giving. They explicitly say that on the downloads page, haha.

So having a crashy crashy solution made a good non-crashy one

Leave a comment:

• logic
    replied
    I'd have to agree with RealNC; the beta 64-bit flash player is working a heck of a lot better for me (on Fedora) than that 32-bit nspluginwrapped abortion we used to be forced to use.

That being said, I'd be even happier to have an open source player that worked reliably.

Leave a comment:

• sreyan
    replied
    Originally posted by remm View Post
    I will test the new Gnash release shortly, but I wonder if swfdec is going anywhere (no dev activity for the past two months cannot be good).

Otte, one of the devs for swfdec wants feedback and love. See http://blogs.gnome.org/otte/2008/12/18/on-loneliness/

Leave a comment:

• remm
    replied
    Originally posted by Ant P. View Post
    I remember Gnash sucking horribly compared to swfdec about a year ago, but if this can play youtube without sucking up all my CPU and requiring me to type in "fmt=6" on every URL like that does, I'm sold.
    I will test the new Gnash release shortly, but I wonder if swfdec is going anywhere (no dev activity for the past two months cannot be good).

Leave a comment:

• fabioamd87
    replied
    I have video very slowed when in fullscreen.
    using ati x1900gt with fglrx on archlinux 64bit

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
    it's just a preview, and not stable.
    It's more stable then older, non-64bit versions. Maybe not on Windows, but on Linux, it works much better (faster, less crashes and less glitches) than "stable" ones.

So I recommend you use it. I'm on 10.0.22.87 64-bit currently.

Leave a comment:

• fabioamd87
    replied
    it's just a preview, and not stable.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
    adobe ufficially release a 64bit plugin?
    It's been out since December. Check out the adobe labs site.

Leave a comment:

• Ant P.
    replied
    I remember Gnash sucking horribly compared to swfdec about a year ago, but if this can play youtube without sucking up all my CPU and requiring me to type in "fmt=6" on every URL like that does, I'm sold.

Leave a comment:

• fabioamd87
    replied
    adobe ufficially release a 64bit plugin?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X