X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    And to see Root on NTFS tutorials appear. I have to imagine that dual booters will love NTFS on Root to get their Linux data back on to Windows without putzing around with an in-between data drive layer.
    Originally posted by lumks View Post
    Actually, yes. Root on NTFS, with a systemd-homed secured $HOME might have the potential to kill ext4 for many people.
    The ext4 driver is much more mature and proven than the NTFS driver.
    The ext4 file system might just better than NTFS too, at least more suitable for Linux due to POSIX file system semantics.

I don't think NTFS is going to take over as root file system, but its nice to able to mount other partitions.

Leave a comment:

• lumks
    replied
    Actually, yes. Root on NTFS, with a systemd-homed secured $HOME might have the potential to kill ext4 for many people.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    And there goes all the space saved with the removal of the PPC code

I can't wait for this to go mainline so I can mount my Windows 10 root w/o needing userspace drivers. I just want to easily and speedily copy games from Windows to Linux.

And to see Root on NTFS tutorials appear. I have to imagine that dual booters will love NTFS on Root to get their Linux data back on to Windows without putzing around with an in-between data drive layer.

Leave a comment:

• Paragon Sends Out Latest NTFS Read-Write Linux Driver Patches

Phoronix: Paragon Sends Out Latest NTFS Read-Write Linux Driver Patches

Back in August was the big surprise of file-system driver vendor Paragon Software wanting to mainline their NTFS driver into the Linux kernel that is much more advanced than the existing NTFS Linux driver. While not merged yet, on Friday the latest version was sent out for review...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X