Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Most Prominent Linux 5.9 Kernel Features From AMD RDNA 2 To Battling Nefarious Shims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Prominent Linux 5.9 Kernel Features From AMD RDNA 2 To Battling Nefarious Shims

Phoronix: The Most Prominent Linux 5.9 Kernel Features From AMD RDNA 2 To Battling Nefarious Shims

The Linux 5.9 kernel could be released as soon as today but more than likely will be pushed back to next Sunday given Torvalds' comments last week and continuing to see plenty of merge requests in recent days. But in any case when Linux 5.9 does ship very soon it comes with an abundance of new features and improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just rebuilt mesa with llvm-11 in my PPA so it should be ready: https://launchpad.net/~ernstp/+archive/ubuntu/mesaaco

(Not many use my PPA but it's fun :-) )

Comment

linux 5.9 codenamed "nvidia, fuck you!"

Comment

I wonder if 5.9 will be a LTS given the 5 versions between each of the current LTS releases.

Comment

Working...
        X