Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat's Stratis 2.2 Linux Storage Solution Released

Phoronix: Red Hat's Stratis 2.2 Linux Storage Solution Released

A new version of Stratis is ready to go as Red Hat's open-source storage solution built atop LVM and XFS for offering easy and modern local storage management on Linux systems that aim to rival the likes of Btrfs and ZFS but without having to rely on a new file-system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well I could imagine PNN (Phoronix news network) doing a benchmark with stratis vs zfs vs btrfs .

Comment

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post
      Well I could imagine PNN (Phoronix news network) doing a benchmark with stratis vs zfs vs btrfs .
      That would only make sense if the various RAID levels are being compared. But stratis is not supporting RAID yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mbod View Post

That would only make sense if the various RAID levels are being compared. But stratis is not supporting RAID yet.
        Yes. See https://github.com/stratis-storage/s...docs/issues/54

Comment

I'm not sure what they actually try to solve with Stratis. It seems like just another layer for existing but separate developed functionalities.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            I'm not sure what they actually try to solve with Stratis. It seems like just another layer for existing but separate developed functionalities.
            Redhat wants an alternative for btrfs.

Comment

Originally posted by mbod View Post

Redhat wants an alternative for btrfs.
              So the only reason is an alternative :-)

As a btrfs user, I hoped that they might somehow integrate distributed filesystem features (like glusterfs) because setting this up correctly requires some tinkering.

Comment

Anyone who's anyone that follows anything that Red Hat does know why they want a Red Hat "owned" solution. Is this really a surprise to anyone?

Comment

Want a distributed, extensively configurable, self-healing, copy-on-write storage system? Use Ceph. Been managing both large scale clusters and single node setups for years. Can recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post
                    i suggest starting from filesystem resize benchmark

Comment

Working...
                    X