X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny3
    replied
    Originally posted by illwieckz View Post

Do you know Linux is not USAkernel? Have you ever thought that Russian or German (and from other countries) customers may not want exploits in the product they use as well?
    God bless that it's not a USAkernel with their attitude anti-encryption, pro-backdoors, pro-spyware, mass-surveilance, ACTA, SOPA, PIPA,
    And God bless that Linus was not Bill and made the kernel open source with a good license.

Leave a comment:

• milkylainen
    replied
    Originally posted by illwieckz View Post

Do you know Linux is not USAkernel? Have you ever thought that Russian or German (and from other countries) customers may not want exploits in the product they use as well?
    I trust everything equally little until trust has been earned.
    My distrust in American corporations and government agencies equal those of the Russians etc.
    Same shit, different name. American corporations are no angels.

Organically developed code has been vetted in increments.
    Which means they have been scrutinized a lot.
    A large blob of code, representing a complex file system, has not.

Leave a comment:

• milkylainen
    replied
    Originally posted by dragon321 View Post

And I want working NTFS kernel driver with proper write support.
    I did not say you couldn't. And I would like that too.
    But if you prefer your logic, then everything is ok?
    There is no need to qualify for anything?

Leave a comment:

• milkylainen
    replied
    Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

Hmm, bit conspiracy theory there. Do you work for Microsoft or David Icke ?

Personally I'd like to see decent full NTFS support in the kernel, anything that kicks Microsoft in the bollocks is a winner with me.
    I'm a bit wary of all corporate attempts at submitting a large blob of code.
    Be it Microsoft, Paragon, Intel or whatever.
    It's not much of a conspiracy.
    Just normal, not being a stupid asshole, do your due dilligence kind of sense.

Leave a comment:

• dragon321
    replied
    Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
    I for one do not want this patch to pass unless bucketloads of rounds has been passed.
    And I want working NTFS kernel driver with proper write support.

Leave a comment:

• illwieckz
    replied
    Also. I'd seriously scrutinize that code for built in exploits.
    Russian in origin, German HQ.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Here is to hoping that kernel folks live up to the high code standards they have set.
    I for one do not want this patch to pass unless bucketloads of rounds has been passed.
    Given its shitty state, I actually expect it.

Paragon is also heavily tied to government contracts and security agencies with various data storage technologies.
    The company gives you for free a working implementation of a highly-sought-after file system with a few corner cases which kernel developers could have fixed themselves. Yeah, let's reject the whole thing right away because of "the high code standards" while users will be left with slow unmaintained NTFS-3G.

The rest of your comment is why people often leave open source. You're so choke full of hypocrisy, grandeur and self-entitlement it bloody stinks.

I for one would love people like you to shut their effing mouths. I'm pretty sure you've never submitted a single line of code to the kernel and most likely haven't filed and helped fix a single bug. In short, I'm almost sure you're just full of shit.
    Last edited by birdie; 29 August 2020, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dovla091
    replied
    "Here is to hoping that kernel folks live up to the high code standards they have set.

Paragon is also heavily tied to government contracts and security agencies with various data storage technologies."

oh, sht, I forgot my tin hat... ;-D BTW, state of the Linux kernel community is like that: all the progress needs to slow down as we need to change important things first... Remove all master, slave and blacklist references... REEEEEEEE....

Over the years, then become from developer heroes to bunch of soy p***

Leave a comment:

• Slartifartblast
    replied
    Here is to hoping that kernel folks live up to the high code standards they have set.

Paragon is also heavily tied to government contracts and security agencies with various data storage technologies.
    Hmm, bit conspiracy theory there. Do you work for Microsoft or David Icke ?

Personally I'd like to see decent full NTFS support in the kernel, anything that kicks Microsoft in the bollocks is a winner with me.

Leave a comment:

• milkylainen
    replied

Last edited by milkylainen; 29 August 2020, 05:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X