Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grok
    replied
    Paragon was involved in the failed August 1991 soviet coup, they kidnapped a poor guy and did cosmetic surgery to make him look like gorbatchev, burned the red mark thing on his forehead like the leader's then drugged and brainwashed him.
    Last edited by grok; 10 September 2020, 10:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Zu
    replied
    Originally posted by Sin2x View Post

Alexander, we both know you are lying
    Well, You got caught lying about long hairs. That’s now evident.

As for Dolgoprudny - Intel, Samsung and other IT giants employed times more people than entire Paragon there for a simple reason - it’s a city where a MIPT (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow...and_Technology) - a Russian alter ego of MIT is located. Tens of software companies employ developers there - simple - isn’t it ? Does it makes all of them companies with Russian HQ ?

And even if Paragon were a Russian company as you’re saying - you’re again telling something totally untrue - https://www.paragon-software.com/ru/impressum/ - Russian footprint of Paragon is in the city of Obninsk - 128 km south east from Dolgoprudny. Further checking of the web site will show you Paragon locations in many other places in the world including such a little remote enclaves like Orange County and Tokyo.

Not sure why you’re so disappointed by Paragon - but once you tell something next time - take a moment to check publicly available information. This will help you to invite statements, that takes longer than 5 seconds to refute. I suggest highlighting the role of BND in this entire situation. They are a lot less public and most likely will refrain from refuting you statements - though you never know

Any thoughts on NTFS commit chances to be merged in Linux Kernel eventually ? This will be a lot more appreciated here at Phoronix, rather than diving in theories of conspiracy, especially based on long hairs

Leave a comment:

• Sin2x
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex Zu View Post

There must have also been a lot KGB/FSB people around there ? Ain’t you saw them around there ? And mr. Putin must be watching you through a mirror wall ? That must have been his direct order not to employ you ?

PS: Paragon HQ is in Freiburg, Germany for last 20+ years. But we’re talking emotions, not facts - right ?

A brief look at Linkedin shows at least few male Paragon employees with long hair - some of them are long with the company. May it was not long hair ?

Alexander, we both know you are lying. Paragon's real HQ where development is conducted is in Moscow's suburb, Dolgoprudny and has been there since company's inception. Foreign offices are for marketing purposes as is usual for Russian companies. Which you know full well, being who you are at Paragon. Company advocacy is fine but don't forget to disclose your own position inside the company until you start preaching for it.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Zu
    replied
    I'm Russian and I have applied to work at Paragon's Moscow HQ ~10 years ago. Well, what can I say, it wasn't pleasant. Believe it or not their decision not to take me was based on me "having long hair". Yep, verbatim - the interviewer left the room for a while and I saw what was on the screen of his tablet. This has nothing to do with the quality of their code but shares a glimpse in their internal culture, I believe.
    There must have also been a lot KGB/FSB people around there ? Ain’t you saw them around there ? And mr. Putin must be watching you through a mirror wall ? That must have been his direct order not to employ you ?

PS: Paragon HQ is in Freiburg, Germany for last 20+ years. But we’re talking emotions, not facts - right ?

A brief look at Linkedin shows at least few male Paragon employees with long hair - some of them are long with the company. May it was not long hair ?

Leave a comment:

• Alex Zu
    replied
    Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
    Paragon is also heavily tied to government contracts and security agencies with various data storage technologies.
    Can you provide any single evidence of «government contracts» (by the way - German, Russian or ???) and «ties to security agencies» going beyond regular sales of software to a customers and providing them all with a regular support for last 20+ years ?

Sounds like blaming a surgeon to be a serial killer and drug dealer only because he’s got scalpel and the access to heavy after surgery morphine based pain-killers.

You can also blame German retailer Karstadt, that surely employs Russians, for selling and storing substantial amount of knives that can be used to kill people. Karstadt is surely preparing Russian knife attack in the heart of Europe.

It also sounds like German authorities have nurtured Russian spies in the heart of Schwarzwald since 1997 when Paragon introduced PTS-DOS - a proto-platform for espionage in pre-Putin era - that’s a much better theory. Keep your fantasy going.

It’s absolutely insane to assume, that someone mentally healthy will release exploits in source code. For no other reason, that doing so will be the same as leaving your DNA test, passport, taxID, bank account details, photos and home address altogether at a place of crime. But Russians did it. Covered by Germans. You got good hash. Don’t drive car today Good luck

Leave a comment:

• dragorth
    replied
    Originally posted by ferry View Post

I like btrfs a lot and have that as my rootfs on all my linux machines (and that are all of my machines except the virtual ones).

But be honest, if you were a usb stick or external hdd or ssd manufacturer, would the availability of winbtrfs convince you to format and ship all your products as btrfs?

Afaik Mac can't read/write ntfs without a $$ driver from Paragon.
    If you looked further back, I was pointing this out. It isn't as simple as availability.

Leave a comment:

• dragon321
    replied

I did not say you couldn't. And I would like that too.
    But if you prefer your logic, then everything is ok?
    There is no need to qualify for anything?
    Most of Linux code came from companies. It's not pure community project. Not to mention firmware blobs. Did you check every single one code you are using? This code won't land in Linux source without maintainers approval. If you don't trust them then you can check it by yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Sin2x
    replied

Doesn't sound like a fun place to be. So not much of a personal loss I guess?
    I believe that everything in this world happens for a reason. Me having that experience and sharing it with you has better overall effect on reality than me haven't being exposed to that situation at all.

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• milkylainen
    replied
    I'm Russian and I have applied to work at Paragon's Moscow HQ ~10 years ago. Well, what can I say, it wasn't pleasant. Believe it or not their decision not to take me was based on me "having long hair". Yep, verbatim - the interviewer left the room for a while and I saw what was on the screen of his tablet. This has nothing to do with the quality of their code but shares a glimpse in their internal culture, I believe.
    Doesn't sound like a fun place to be. So not much of a personal loss I guess?

Leave a comment:

• ferry
    replied
    Originally posted by dragorth View Post

WinBTRFS is a free, as in beer, simple install? It can be installed from the github page, and also through
    Code:
    choco install winbtrfs
    with chocolatey. It just isn't on macOS, and that at least is a legitimate downside.

But getting the 100 lb gorilla, Windos should be enough, honestly. Mac can read and rite ntfs, fat16, fat32, exfat and others.
    I like btrfs a lot and have that as my rootfs on all my linux machines (and that are all of my machines except the virtual ones).

But be honest, if you were a usb stick or external hdd or ssd manufacturer, would the availability of winbtrfs convince you to format and ship all your products as btrfs?

Afaik Mac can't read/write ntfs without a $$ driver from Paragon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X