X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AGP on a 2020 motherboard?! O-o

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
      Have a browse through some recent server hardware. Matrox GPUs are still fairly common.
      This isn't about server hardware though. The article title explicitly mentions desktop graphic cards. The server chips have been supported by the kernel for a long time already. What's new now is support for the desktop cards. And I'm with c117152 here, I can't imagine anyone still using those.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
        This isn't about server hardware though. The article title explicitly mentions desktop graphic cards. The server chips have been supported by the kernel for a long time already. What's new now is support for the desktop cards. And I'm with c117152 here, I can't imagine anyone still using those.
        Well... I've still got a Matrox G200 in an old 196MByte AGP desktop system.

I'll also admit that it hasn't been booted up for some time! Might be worth a giggle with xfce at a magnificent 1024x768 resolution...

More generally, I've various server and desktop kit that is still in daily use from well beyond the usual 5-years-and-replace. Some of the kit harks back to 2008. They are still in use due to 'why break systems that do not need fixing?'...

Linux is fantastic for maintaining 'legacy' support.

That is all also very good for reducing the landfill waste!

Comment

G200 was buggy as hell in Windows, I remember that pain. Also, post #200 for me!

Comment

Working...
          X