Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paragon Sends Out Updated NTFS Driver They Want To Mainline For The Linux Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny3
    replied
    Great!
    I wasn't too excited about the ExFAT driver, but about this one, I can barely wait to try it.
    Hopefully no more performance issues, no more missing dates like the creation one and no more weird difference in bytes sizes between EXT4 and NTFS.
    Good job Paragon and thank you very very much!

I'm now curios if Gparted could also benefit from this when creating NTFS partitions or resizing them which sometimes have to move some data around.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Paragon meanwhile is looking to mainlien "ntfs3" as their previously commercial NTFS kernel driver.

Leave a comment:

• Paragon Sends Out Updated NTFS Driver They Want To Mainline For The Linux Kernel

Phoronix: Paragon Sends Out Updated NTFS Driver They Want To Mainline For The Linux Kernel

Coming as a surprise last week was word of Paragon Software wanting to mainline their NTFS read-write driver as a significant improvement over the existing NTFS Linux kernel driver. An updated patch series for that much improved NTFS Linux kernel driver is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X