Linux 5.9 Bringing Mellanox VDPA Driver For Newer ConnectX Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.9 Bringing Mellanox VDPA Driver For Newer ConnectX Devices

Phoronix: Linux 5.9 Bringing Mellanox VDPA Driver For Newer ConnectX Devices

There are a few changes worth mentioning out of the VirtIO updates submitted today for the Linux 5.9 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very cool!
    But mere mortals usually can only afford this kind of technology approximately 10 years after it has been introduced to the enterprise market.

Comment

Originally posted by Lycanthropist View Post
      Very cool!
      But mere mortals usually can only afford this kind of technology approximately 10 years after it has been introduced to the enterprise market.
      You’re telling me you don’t have one of their $1795 200GbE/IB HDR nics in your personal workstations?

Cheers,
      Mike

Comment

Very cool!
        Seeing that 10GbE just reached affordability for us mere non-enterprise mortals........

Comment

Very cool!
          The ConnectX-6 Lx boards are already cheap.

Comment

Very cool!
            Actually, if you are willing to take the risk *, second hand 10GbE and 40GbE are quite cheap.
            Even 100GbE NICs can be found for ~500$.

- Gilboa
            * If you look at my signature, all the equipment you see is old and mostly second hand, and in my experience server-grade products usually survive till the end of times... (My last second hand oVirt server worked, uninterrupted, for >10 years, until I decided to replace it...)
            Last edited by gilboa; 23 August 2020, 05:02 AM.
            oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
            oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
            oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
            Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
            X