X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by herman View Post
    It sounds like btrfs is going to get a lot more care and attention from devs now that Fedora is on board.
    This stuff was already queued when Fedora was deciding to adopt btrfs, we will see if more people appear in a few months.

Leave a comment:

• dev_null
    replied
    single disk. I don’t remember kernel.

Leave a comment:

• oleid
    replied
    Originally posted by dev_null View Post
    Couple of years ago I lost 2TB volume because of btrfs bug. and a tool to fix the fs made everything much worse. Now I do not treat it seriously, at least wont put there what I want to find tomorrow. This never happened with ext4. Probably things enhance with a time, but I’m just scary.
    RAID or single disk? What kernel?

Leave a comment:

• dev_null
    replied
    Couple of years ago I lost 2TB volume because of btrfs bug. and a tool to fix the fs made everything much worse. Now I do not treat it seriously, at least wont put there what I want to find tomorrow. This never happened with ext4. Probably things enhance with a time, but I’m just scary.

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    Originally posted by herman View Post
    It sounds like btrfs is going to get a lot more care and attention from devs now that Fedora is on board. Does Linus still use Fedora? Maybe this will help.
    Yes. In fact, his homonym from Linus Tech Tips recently built a workstation for him and installed Fedora 32 Workstation.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by mb_q View Post
    AFAICT this speedup is for doing fsync on a file accessed by lots of threads...
    i think it is for many threads/apps doing fsyncs in parallel

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by waxhead View Post
    I hope they at some point will implement disk groups and the ability to assign subvolumes to it.
    i don't see how it will be different from separate filesystem on those disks with subvolumes assigned to it, which you could do now

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
    why haven't they fixed raid already?
    because you don't care enough

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by vladpetric View Post
    But of course, we rely on Michael for more realistic performance measurements
    you mean for benchmarking speed of filesystem resize?

Leave a comment:

• sireangelus
    replied
    why haven't they fixed raid already?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X