Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nano 5.0 Released As A Big Feature Update To This Easy-To-Use Terminal Text Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano 5.0 Released As A Big Feature Update To This Easy-To-Use Terminal Text Editor

Phoronix: Nano 5.0 Released As A Big Feature Update To This Easy-To-Use Terminal Text Editor

The popular GNU Nano terminal text editor has reached version 5.0...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...o-5.0-Released

Neat. I'm one of those that will pick nano over vim any day

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Neat. I'm one of those that will pick nano over vim any day
      It was a nightmare when I had to switch to vim because they used it at work, not I use it everywhere and it's a bit weird going back to nano if I ever have to use it

Comment

For terminals supporting at least 256 colors (...)
        What are they trying to stay compatible with?

Comment

Nano has been a loyal backup to me since forever for when some tinkering shit goes wrong.

It's always allowed me somehow to recover from a screwed system, graphics wise or general recovery wise.

As long as I can boot into a command line, there's hope thanks to nano.
          And there's still chroot from a live install as a user-friendly last resort.

Comment

nano makes me pine for pico

Comment

So they are working to turn Nano into micro-,milli- etc ...

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

It was a nightmare when I had to switch to vim because they used it at work, not I use it everywhere and it's a bit weird going back to nano if I ever have to use it
                Well, it's not like I can't work with vim (I just did, 15 minutes ago). But I prefer nano.

Comment

Nano is only now getting syntax highlighting for Haskell and markdown? Not like I really care - I'll likely never use Haskell and I rarely use markdown, let alone from a CLI.

The scrollbar is a cool and very-welcome feature though.

Comment

nano best buddy if only a terminal is available.

Comment

Working...
                    X