Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 246 Release Is Imminent With RC2 Released

Phoronix: Systemd 246 Release Is Imminent With RC2 Released

Systemd 246 should be shipping in the days ahead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone really jazzed for that BitLocker support?

I'll stick to LUKS tyvm.

Comment

Originally posted by k1e0x View Post
      Anyone really jazzed for that BitLocker support?
      I suspect those that choose (or are forced?) to run Windows (dual-boot?) will appreciate being able to more easily access their encrypted Windows volumes at boot. Not everyone can be Windows-less (and/or Mac-less) in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post

I suspect those that choose (or are forced?) to run Windows (dual-boot?) will appreciate being able to more easily access their encrypted Windows volumes at boot. Not everyone can be Windows-less (and/or Mac-less) in the real world.
        Tell me about it. Can't tell you all the bullshit I went through when I removed my Windows. Kept having to deal with this asshole from code enforcement about how I'm not supposed to have all these holes in the walls. I says to the guy that they're not holes in the wall, that I'm in the middle of installing an Arch and I keep having to stop to read the manual. He says back that he doesn't care if it's an Arch or not, city code says Windows are required.

To keep from rambling on, I ended up having to compromise by putting Windows in my Arch due to those code enforcement fascists.

Comment

Seems a lot better than System 76, as it's a lot higher number.

Comment

I wonder if this release comes to Ubuntu 20.04? It would be great if it comes... But since its "LTS", it might take huge time.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Tell me about it. Can't tell you all the bullshit I went through when I removed my Windows. Kept having to deal with this asshole from code enforcement about how I'm not supposed to have all these holes in the walls. I says to the guy that they're not holes in the wall, that I'm in the middle of installing an Arch and I keep having to stop to read the manual. He says back that he doesn't care if it's an Arch or not, city code says Windows are required.

To keep from rambling on, I ended up having to compromise by putting Windows in my Arch due to those code enforcement fascists.
              All joking aside, there are certain jobs that people really just couldn't get done with the current state of desktop Linux. Some free software purist get bent out of shape to even suggest such a thing. Who are the real fascists??

Comment

Originally posted by ehansin View Post

All joking aside, there are certain jobs that people really just couldn't get done with the current state of desktop Linux. Some free software purist get bent out of shape to even suggest such a thing. Who are the real fascists??
                ....I feel like I'm being baited into this answer, but the GPL purists in all seriousness. The whole ZFS CDDL stuff is proof enough in my eyes. It seems like every time ZoL wants to discuss anything with the Linux devs they get stonewalled and, very, VERY coincidentally, random posts start spouting off about GPL this, that, and the other start making their rounds around the internet.

"We know we said we back free, open source software, but your license is just too free since it allows proprietary bogey men to do naughty stuff without telling us about it. "
                --Some GPL Purist

Comment

Working...
                X