Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stratis 2.1 Proposed For Fedora 33 To Bring Per-Pool Encryption

Phoronix: Stratis 2.1 Proposed For Fedora 33 To Bring Per-Pool Encryption

While Fedora 33 desktop variants are aiming to use Btrfs by default, non-desktop environments are not and Red Hat remains committed to XFS and their Stratis Storage technology for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Coming to Fedora 33 will also likely be Stratis 2.1 for offering the latest on that front...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wake me when they figure out shrinking and accurate size reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaipersky View Post
      Wake me when they figure out shrinking and accurate size reporting.
      plus always CoW by default, and then we can compare it with btrfs.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow
        Redundancy, unneeded duplicate, repetition, reiteration or repeating the same message, text, paragraph or information twice, two times or doubly so:
        Can you please just write Micheal privately, this is getting annoying? We already have so much trolling and spam that add noise to the forum reading, seriously.
        Nothing personal hey.
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post

Can you please just write Micheal privately, this is getting annoying? We already have so much trolling and spam that add noise to the forum reading, seriously.
          Nothing personal hey.
          Cheers

It gets more annoying when I miss typos :l
          I deleted it now

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

It gets more annoying when I miss typos :l
            I deleted it now
            We all appreciate less typos and pretty sure Micheal need your service

Comment

Nice! I'm assuming this is for XFS systems only and not compatible with btrfs. We need good encryption for servers, so I'll be happy with this just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaipersky View Post
                Wake me when they figure out shrinking ....
                The target audience for Stratis do not tend to shrink pools. It is the same reason that BPR (for ZFS) never got sufficient priority inside Sun (i.e. the large datacenters (that are paying for the solution) tend to never have a requirement to shrink pools).

Comment

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post

The target audience for Stratis do not tend to shrink pools. It is the same reason that BPR (for ZFS) never got sufficient priority inside Sun (i.e. the large datacenters (that are paying for the solution) tend to never have a requirement to shrink pools).
                  Have you seen how hard Red Hat is marketing and pushing stratis in RHEL 8? They stop just short of calling you a puppy kicker if you don't use it everywhere except a hypervisor root fs. General data storage on single or single digit user machines? Use Stratis. Network boot? Stratis. Collaborative storage between 1 and too many groups to manage with filesystem ACLS? Stratis. Embeded? If it's not toolimited, you should probably use Stratis.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
                    Can you please just write Micheal privately, this is getting annoying?
                    I've never been annoyed by their system of writing and editing. It just works. Maybe I'm the strange one for seeing it as very natural and appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                    X