Linux 5.8-rc6 Kernel Released - "Things Continue To Look Very Normal"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.8-rc6 Kernel Released - "Things Continue To Look Very Normal"

Phoronix: Linux 5.8-rc6 Kernel Released - "Things Continue To Look Very Normal"

While Linus Torvalds has been concerned by the size of Linux 5.8 at times, he just released Linux 5.8-rc6 and so far things are looking good...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Calm and boring is how I like it
    I understand what he means, but the "boring" part is something I'd rather avoid these days, with really boring things happening to Linux source code, thanks to him too.

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post

I understand what he means, but the "boring" part is something I'd rather avoid these days, with really boring things happening to Linux source code, thanks to him too.
      The revolution at this stage can only happens at industry level, whenever big players will be ready to accept or embrace at different levels (desktop and server). Is it gonna happen? (Let me check my crystal ball..).

More seriously, what is that you want?
      If you have to vent out do it properly, in details, so that you'll be relieved by the following troll fest

Comment

i think you are confused, at this stage of the development of the point release of the kernel, there should only be bugfixing and regressions, and no new code or functionality, so that the code can be tested for long enough before release.

Comment

I think Linus meant "boring" as in "no emergencies" - that's what the back end of a release cycle is supposed to look like.

The cutoff date for exciting things is the end of the merge window
          Test signature

Comment

Working...
          X