Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Driver Lands Support For Vulkan Extended Dynamic State

Phoronix: RADV Driver Lands Support For Vulkan Extended Dynamic State

The newest addition to Mesa's RADV Radeon Vulkan driver is support for the recently published VK_EXT_extended_dynamic_state extension...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This seems like it could really help DXVK. I installed Deus Ex Human Revolution DC these days but even though my PC is way above the recommended requirements and on Windows the game runs maxed out, with DXVK it run poorly. It could reach a relatively high max fps at times but it stuttered a lot with very deep dives in minimum fps to the point of being very unpleasant to play. Lowering settings like the Antialiazing or depth of field really improved things considerably. I tried returning to the D3D9 version and tried both DXVK and gallium-nine, strangely DXVK still had some stutters while gallium-nine was smooth. So i figured this is a DXVK limitation. I hope this new extension will help with this.

Comment

It's a prerequisite for vkd3d, but I don't think they have any plan for dxvk to use it.

Comment

how about support interlock shaders ?

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
          It's a prerequisite for vkd3d, but I don't think they have any plan for dxvk to use it.
          Why? From reading the blog in Michael's article, it seems this extension is VERY useful for API layers for DirectX up to 11. It says so in the article. I would be VERY surprised if DXVK doesn't use it.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

Why? From reading the blog in Michael's article, it seems this extension is VERY useful for API layers for DirectX up to 11. It says so in the article. I would be VERY surprised if DXVK doesn't use it.
            https://old.reddit.com/r/linux_gamin...vkd3d/fww31x6/

And also other mentions I don't have them at hand right now.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post

https://old.reddit.com/r/linux_gamin...vkd3d/fww31x6/

And also other mentions I don't have them at hand right now.
              "VK_EXT_extended_dynamic_state can also help when Vulkan is used as the backend to implement other higher level APIs which are not as rigid as Vulkan itself and in which some drawing parameters can be changed on the fly, being up to the driver to implement those changes as efficiently as possible. We’re talking about OpenGL, or DirectX up to version 11. As you can imagine, it’s an interesting extension for projects like DXVK and it can help improve the state of Linux gaming through Wine and Proton."

I am sorry, but looking at the description of what the extension does, and seeing that the guy behind DXVK said DXVK cannot benefit from this extension, makes me think very poorly of him. This is too short-sighted. Perhaps he should look into it more before making statements like these.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
                how about support interlock shaders ?
                Definitely this. Too bad AMD doesn't want to implement it.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

I am sorry, but looking at the description of what the extension does, and seeing that the guy behind DXVK said DXVK cannot benefit from this extension, makes me think ....
                  Well, recently, some activity started to appear related to this extension in DXVK repository, so perhaps he changed his mind.
                  https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/co...thor=doitsujin

Comment

Working...
                  X