No announcement yet.

x86/urgent Updates Sent In To Linux 5.8 With The Speculation Mitigation Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x86/urgent Updates Sent In To Linux 5.8 With The Speculation Mitigation Fixes

Phoronix: x86/urgent Updates Sent In To Linux 5.8 With The Speculation Mitigation Fixes

The first round of "x86/urgent" fixes have been sent in to Linux 5.8 just ahead of this weekend's 5.8-rc1 milestone while many of these fixes are marked for back-porting to the stable series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will this patch just affect the x86 platform or it entails all platforms and AMD CPUs too so to damage the other users?

Comment

There is an HTML typo at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        Will this patch just affect the x86 platform or it entails all platforms and AMD CPUs too so to damage the other users?
        I guess, you can still disable it on workstations with low risk use patterns by issuing mitigations=off on kernel loading.

Comment

It is a fcuking gross shame and disgrace that AMD is not doing its job properly, ESPECIALLY now as the leader of the market and with much, much thicker wallet!
          My worry is such that Lisa Su and the rest of gang still do NOT get (or perhaps never really got it) what LINUX did for AMD when they barely held at an edge of the existence and that if AMD do not act and fix their priorities then it'll be a great story short lived... again..
          Lots love, xxx.

Comment

Originally posted by lejeczek View Post
            what LINUX did for AMD when they barely held at an edge of the existence
            What did Linux do for AMD?

Comment

Originally posted by acobar View Post

I guess, you can still disable it on workstations with low risk use patterns by issuing mitigations=off on kernel loading.
              I just want to know if that patch makes slower also those machines which are not provided of x86 operating systems and Intel CPus as well.

Comment

Working...
              X