X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arcivanov
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Please stop! Come on can't we have one peaceful Reiser5 article?!
    Seriously, a thought came into my head, it made me smile and I decided to share it in case it would make someone else smile as well. I'm not prejudiced against ReiserFS, honestly. The last time I tried it about 10 years ago it was buggy af and I haven't given it a second thought since. The fact that Reiser did or didn't do something shouldn't have any bearing on whether the code actually works and provides a service.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by ALRBP View Post

The fact is that, like it or not, the murder of his (ex-)wife by Hans Reiser was also the murder of ReiserFS by Hans Reiser. This case was the end of the road for all three: Hans Reiser, his wife and ReiserFS. ReiserFS is no longer an interesting Linux FS, just a dead project still trying to escape its fate. Now, the interesting questions for the Linux FS world are: Will ZFS ever be mainlined? Will Btrfs ever be perfectly stable? Will Stratis makes integrating advanced features directly in FS obsolete? Will BcacheFS be THE FS?
    Dude had a stroke mid-post.

Leave a comment:

• ALRBP
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

The fact is that, like it or not, the murder of his (ex-)wife by Hans Reiser was also the murder of ReiserFS by Hans Reiser. This case was the end of the road for all three: Hans Reiser, his wife and ReiserFS. ReiserFS is no longer an interesting Linux FS, just a dead project still trying to escape its fate. Now, the interesting questions for the Linux FS world are: Will ZFS ever be mainlined? Will Btrfs ever be perfectly stable? Will Stratis makes integrating advanced features directly in FS obsolete? Will BcacheFS be THE FS?

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by arcivanov View Post
    ReiserFS - a file system to die for. :khe: :khe: :khe:

Leave a comment:

• arcivanov
    replied
    ReiserFS - a file system to die for. :khe: :khe: :khe:

Leave a comment:

• Space Heater
    replied
    Are they still hoping to eventually upstream this?

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Shiskin announced today with support for dumping peaks

Leave a comment:

• Reiser5 File-System Working On New Features Like Data Tiering, Burst Buffers

Phoronix: Reiser5 File-System Working On New Features Like Data Tiering, Burst Buffers

Reiser5 was announced back on New Year's Eve with support for local volumes and supporting parallel scaling out and other improvements over the long-in-development but never mainlined Reiser4. While Reiser5 was not met with enthusiasm, Edward Shishkin has continued working on this next-generation file-system and today announced the latest round of improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X