Linux 5.8's Multi-Queue Block Code Plumbed To Support Inline Encryption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.8's Multi-Queue Block Code Plumbed To Support Inline Encryption

Phoronix: Linux 5.8's Multi-Queue Block Code Plumbed To Support Inline Encryption

For a number of months now various Google engineers have been working on inline encryption support for FSCRYPT in order to offer better encryption performance on modern SoCs. That FSCRYPT side work is coming together and now also queued up for Linux 5.8 is plumbing inline encryption into blk-mq...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

why do we need to use verbs like "plumbed", why not extended, enhanced, modified, tweaked, changed, … ? ;-) But hold my beer, I got plumb something ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
      why do we need to use verbs like "plumbed", why not extended, enhanced, modified, tweaked, changed, … ? ;-) But hold my beer, I got plumb something ;-)
      Lot of electrical modelling uses water to explain it. Yes the cloud and so on you will find reference after reference that leads back to something to deal with water and it all starts out the the electrical side using water for modelling then networking also using water for modelling...

Its like us calling a computer fault a bug. We call it a bug because of a poor moth that got fried and under a valve causing a early computer to play up.

You can say this is tradition thing.

Or the best is that different railway gauges exist due to different sizes in horses asses and this also explains all the different car/truck standard tire spacing. Yes Nasa guy worked that one out trying to work out why Shuttle booster rockets had to be under X max size.

Comment

"Besides needing a SoC capable of inline encryption..."

Examples?

Comment

Because it's the original Unix metaphor for pipes and everyone loves to reuse it. There's even a "Linux Plumbers Conference".

The first rule of Unix programming is, if you can't describe what you're doing in terms of plumbing, you must be doing something wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
            You can say this is tradition thing.
            Or one can simply use terms more suitable to the technology reported about.

Comment

Or one can simply stop complaining and accept that some things will stay the way they are.

Comment

brb, just plumbing a pipe to redirect your opinion to the toilet.

Comment

I see that this thread flushed itself pretty fast.

Perhaps Michael should close this to new comments.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
                    I see that this thread flushed itself pretty fast.

Perhaps Michael should close this to new comments.
                    or perhaps he shouldnt, and let ppl comment if they want or stop reading if they wish.

Comment

Working...
                    X