Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon Plumbing Nitro Enclaves Support For Linux To Isolate Highly Sensitive Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Plumbing Nitro Enclaves Support For Linux To Isolate Highly Sensitive Data

Phoronix: Amazon Plumbing Nitro Enclaves Support For Linux To Isolate Highly Sensitive Data

Amazon is working on upstreaming support into the Linux kernel for AWS Entro Niclaves for additional isolation around highly sensitive data within the EC2 cloud...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"AWS Entro Niclaves"

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Amazon Plumbing Nitro Enclaves Support For Linux To Isolate Highly Sensitive Data

Amazon is working on upstreaming support into the Linux kernel for AWS Entro Niclaves for additional isolation around highly sensitive data within the EC2 cloud...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...aves-Linux-EC2
      Hat whappened there?

Comment

Originally posted by programmerjake View Post
        "Entro Niclaves"
        Is that a Spoonerism?

Comment

lol...

Comment

I don't understand their "cryptographic attestation". Is this like SME? SVE? Or more like a SSL? They don't mention the ability to change keys, nor that the RAM is actually encrypted nor about the CPU registers.

Comment

As an IT grad student who did a paper on Data Centers. If the data is that confidential and important then it needs to be held on on premises Data Centers on computers you physically own and can control access to. People would so rather get out of spending CAPex expenditure and pay more in OPex expenditure to have stuff hosted in the cloud when building and owning their own DC makes the most sense.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
                As an IT grad student who did a paper on Data Centers. If the data is that confidential and important then it needs to be held on on premises Data Centers on computers you physically own and can control access to. People would so rather get out of spending CAPex expenditure and pay more in OPex expenditure to have stuff hosted in the cloud when building and owning their own DC makes the most sense.
                To make things worse, here in South Africa we have protection of personal information (PoPI) act. It's related to GDPR. PoPI states you may not transfer personal information about a data subject to a third party who is in a foreign county. People don't care about it and put people's personal data all over the globe. I bring this up in many meetings (I'm a contractor). Typically they try to make it seem like they care, but never schedule the work to ring fence personal data.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

To make things worse, here in South Africa we have protection of personal information (PoPI) act. It's related to GDPR. PoPI states you may not transfer personal information about a data subject to a third party who is in a foreign county. People don't care about it and put people's personal data all over the globe. I bring this up in many meetings (I'm a contractor). Typically they try to make it seem like they care, but never schedule the work to ring fence personal data.
                  Well good thing we launched a new region there today https://aws.amazon.com/it/local/africa/cape-town/

Comment

I always wondered how as a customer can actually be sure your data is stored encrypted. Unless youa ctively do it yourself you can never be sure. I should try to investigate how that works for public data centers.
                    Lockheed

Comment

Working...
                    X