Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QEMU 5.0-rc1 Released For Linux Virtualization With The Stable Update Coming This Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QEMU 5.0-rc1 Released For Linux Virtualization With The Stable Update Coming This Month

Phoronix: QEMU 5.0-rc1 Released For Linux Virtualization With The Stable Update Coming This Month

QEMU 5.0-rc1 was released on Tuesday as the latest development release in the path to QEMU 5.0.0 expected to be achieved later this month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally virtiofs in qemu. I am happy.
    Would love to see some perftests against 9p and nfs.

Many small files, big files random seek and so on

Comment

I wish they would better document and address QEMU's user-emulation mode. This mode allows you to run a binary from another architecture without the overhead emulating a whole guest operating system. It merely emulates the program binary and translates it's syscalls to the host architecture's operating system.

While this is FAR more performant, it continues to be impossible to find any official documentation on it. I would like to be able to utilize host graphics acceleration in this configuration, which likely has issues translating syscall datastructures, but this is impossible to sort out without documentation on how qemu handles syscalls in this mode. The only documentation I can find is on passing through a GPU device to a full virtual machine, and even that if from folks like Debian, not official QEMU documentation.

There may well be a way to make it work using various indirect or remote rendering technologies over loopback, but without documentation it's just stumbling around in the dark.

Comment

Working...
      X