Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Features Of The Linux 5.6 Kernel From WireGuard To Y2038 Compatibility To USB4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by ayumu View Post
    Other systems have been ready for ages.
    one system was useful and others were ready for something which will not happen for ages

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by enihcam View Post
      wireguard or any udp-based VPNs simply do not work, because they run on udp and easy to be identified
      why tcp can't be identified?

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        why tcp can't be identified?
        Although it's not hard to obfuscate VPN traffic into HTTPS traffic, it can be identified if ISP has enough computing power, but the question is: can any ISPs risk to pollute TCP traffics?

        Also, let me give you another example: In some countries, UDP traffic is not polluted but its bandwidth is limited if amount of UDP packets in a time window reaches to a limit.
        Last edited by enihcam; 03-29-2020, 05:23 AM.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by enihcam View Post
          Although it's not hard to obfuscate VPN traffic into HTTPS traffic, it can be identified if ISP has enough computing power, but the question is: can any ISPs risk to pollute TCP traffics?
          why vpn is bad but https is good?

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

            There are more 32 bits users than what you think..
            Today, yes, there are enough. In 2038? Highly unlikely, outside of niche of embedded use cases.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              why vpn is bad but https is good?
              In some countries, only domestic registered HTTPS are good - they have to be censored by government. Unregistered HTTPS are not all blocked but can be blocked (or DNS pollution) without any notifications. In these countries, a personal VPN is simply illegal. Period.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by enihcam View Post
                In some countries, only domestic registered HTTPS are good - they have to be censored by government. Unregistered HTTPS are not all blocked but can be blocked (or DNS pollution) without any notifications. In these countries, a personal VPN is simply illegal. Period.
                so personal udp vpn is just as illegal as personal https vpn?

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  so personal udp vpn is just as illegal as personal https vpn?
                  by using https, your vpn has chance to survive.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

                    Today, yes, there are enough. In 2038? Highly unlikely, outside of niche of embedded use cases.
                    Embedded use cases aren't niche. There are already more routers and IoT devices than general purpose computers. And if I compare the growth rates of memory in those devices, they aren't going to be anywhere near 4Gb by 2038. 32-bit is here to stay, probably forever.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by enihcam View Post
                      by using https, your vpn has chance to survive.
                      probably because nobody uses them, so they aren't in the focus. i don't see fundamental differences

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X