Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Features Of The Linux 5.6 Kernel From WireGuard To Y2038 Compatibility To USB4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Features Of The Linux 5.6 Kernel From WireGuard To Y2038 Compatibility To USB4

Phoronix: The Best Features Of The Linux 5.6 Kernel From WireGuard To Y2038 Compatibility To USB4

The Linux 5.6 stable kernel could be released as soon as tomorrow if Linus Torvalds is comfortable with its current state to avoid having an eighth weekly release candidate. Whether Linux 5.6 ends up being released tomorrow or next weekend, this kernel is bringing many exciting changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

is the first kernel that is ready for 32-bit systems to operate past the Year 2038 problem.
    The first LINUX kernel. Important distinction.

Other systems have been ready for ages.

Comment

Was about to ask why anybody would still be using 32bit systems in 20 years, then I realized I had asked the very same thing 20 years ago

Comment

wireguard or any udp-based VPNs simply do not work, because they run on udp and easy to be identified. all identifiable VPNs will be polluted.

Comment

Originally posted by enihcam View Post
          wireguard or any udp-based VPNs simply do not work, because they run on udp and easy to be identified. all identifiable VPNs will be polluted.
          Not everyone uses VPNs to bypass restrictions. I'm using it to access my company intranet, and it's absolutely perfect for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
            Was about to ask why anybody would still be using 32bit systems in 20 years, then I realized I had asked the very same thing 20 years ago
            It is likely worth remembering that embedded 32bit (ARM and other) systems used for IoT and instrumentation are likely to be being manufactured and running far into the future, even as it is less likely that people will still be rock'n their nearly 40 year old desktop or DC server in 2038.

Comment

Originally posted by Nout View Post

Not everyone uses VPNs to bypass restrictions. I'm using it to access my company intranet, and it's absolutely perfect for the job.
              Why do you and government think I use VPN for bypassing restrictions? I'm using it to access 'my company intranet' too. How do we prove it to avoid traffic pollution?

Comment

You would ask that on here? Every time a distro tries to deprecate ancient hardware there are tons of replies on here about how great their 10 year old netbook is.

Comment

There are more 32 bits users than what you think..

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

You would ask that on here? Every time a distro tries to deprecate ancient hardware there are tons of replies on here about how great their 10 year old netbook is.
                    This got to be the third time I see a post of you peddling planned obsolescence. The quarantine must be hitting you hard.

Comment

Working...
                    X