Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Of The Features To Look Forward To With Linux 5.7

Phoronix: Some Of The Features To Look Forward To With Linux 5.7

With the Linux 5.7 cycle kicking off in April with its merge window opening upon the release of Linux 5.6, here is a look at some of the changes and new features that have been on our radar for this next version of the Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm looking forward to surviving the global mess we've found ourselves in especially taking into consideration the state of health care in my country which can be summarized as "dead". New features in the Linux kernel are the least of my concerns.

Comment

Imagine being a member of a site specifically about Linux news for a bit more than 12 years and then one day deciding to visit it and screeching about how they should really be reporting news about the state of your healthcare system instead.

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      I'm looking forward to surviving the global mess we've found ourselves in especially taking into consideration the state of health care in my country which can be summarized as "dead". New features in the Linux kernel are the least of my concerns.
      Then don't visit the site you absolute brainlet.

Comment

But you left a comment. What's worth to note last year flu killed far more people and nobody cared. Furthermore, many doctors are 'fighting' corona virus with antibiotics which is just brainless. There were post on facebook which described medicine given to patients in Italy. Such drugs would probably kill even a healthy person (or at least help him to get out of this world quickly). The best way fighting this virus is to improve immunity system. Vitamin C, D3 + k2 and so on. There's a reason there are (thankfully) much less deaths in Germany. It seems they have smart doctors. Facebook, Google censorship vitamin C infusions which give very optimistic results in fighting corona virus and other infections:

A randomised double-blind trial involving vitamin C/placebo supplementation was conducted on 57 elderly patients admitted to hospital with acute respiratory infections (bronchitis and bronchopneumonia). Patients were assessed clinically and biochemically on admission and again at 2 and 4 weeks after …

TREATMENT OF nCoV CORONAVIRUS,,Vitamin C, Viral Respiratory Diseases, deaths from coronavirus, pneumonia, Vitamin C and pneumonia, vitamin C intravenously, therapeutic value of vitamin C, bronchopneumonia, lung abscess, purulent bronchitis, pulmonary function, Vitamin C as a prophylactic against pneumonia, influenzas, pneumonia, low vitamin C levels, increase susceptibility to viruses, Vitamin C lowers mortality, respiratory disease, treated influenza, pneumonia, high doses of vitamin C, treatment protocol, children with pneumonia, coronavirus pandemic, Preventing and treating, severe respiratory infections, treatment of coronavirus, viral illness

VITAMIN C WUHAN, Vitamin C against COVID, 50 tons of vitamin C, megadose, COVID-19 epidemic, megavitamin, news, Chinese media, DSM, Dutch State Mines, DSM Jiangshan Pharmaceutical, manufactures vitamin C, nutrition, treatment of COVID-19, fake news, false information, high-dose intravenous vitamin C against COVID-19 in China, vitamin C for COVID-19 research studies, vitamin C has been donated by a major C manufacturer and trucked to Wuhan, COVID-19 vitamin therapy, blocked by Facebook, social media, news media

The clinic Dr. Siebenhüner in Frankfurt is specializing in holistic integrative medicine.

Comment

Why would you even be logged on here, let alone take the time to post? Some people come here to escape the global mess that is everywhere. There are literately a million other sites you can go and hear the news of the mess a billion different ways. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Comment

I'm looking forward mainly to exFAT, I can't wait to have it, I'll use it extensively for USB pendrives and partitions shared with Windows.
            Second place: all the AMD and AMDGPU improvements (I've Ryzen + Navi).
            Third place: NVMe faster boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Buntolo View Post
              I'm looking forward mainly to exFAT, I can't wait to have it, I'll use it extensively for USB pendrives and partitions shared with Windows.
              The FUSE Exfat driver has been working well for years here

Comment

Originally posted by Neuro-Chef View Post
                The FUSE Exfat driver has been working well for years here
                Not on my PCs, on Linux I've never got a file transfer as fast as on Windows. Since like 2008, on all Linux OSes and machine I've ever had. I'd say the problem isn't between keyboard and chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Buntolo View Post
                  Not on my PCs, on Linux I've never got a file transfer as fast as on Windows. Since like 2008, on all Linux OSes and machine I've ever had. I'd say the problem isn't between keyboard and chair.
                  I meant well in terms of filesystem and data integrity, but sure, performance wise the kernel driver can only be better and I'm happy about it being integrated, too.

Comment

Working...
                  X