Systemd 245 Released - First Version Including Systemd-Homed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aht0

I've plenty of AIX experience and I assure you nothing what he said made any sense. There really is a complete lack of arguments, systemd does everything he needs it to as far as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post
      aht0

I've plenty of AIX experience and I assure you nothing what he said made any sense. There really is a complete lack of arguments, systemd does everything he needs it to as far as I can tell.
      Really?
      https://www.phoronix.com/forums/sear...%7D&btnSubmit=
      Nothing pops up doing Advanced search in Phoronix forum posts about AIX between Jan 1st 2-16 and today searching against your username.. Zip. Nada. Zero.

While searching tuxd3v posts about AIX on equal conditions pops up plenty.
      https://www.phoronix.com/forums/sear...%7D&btnSubmit=

I'd say your claim about having lots of experience with AIX just got proven false. If you had any particular expertise, you'd have written SOMETHING about it in at some point in time, in some or other topic.
      Last edited by aht0; 16 March 2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
        I'd say your claim about having lots of experience with AIX just got proven false. If you had any particular expertise, you'd have written SOMETHING about it in at some point in time, in some or other topic.
        Sounds like you're living in some kind of alternate reality where Phoronix post history = professional resume. In any case you are free to believe whatever you want, like a "20+ year professional" that can't convert a shell script with variables into a systemd unit.

Comment

I want to use it for ubuntu. If they'd keep waiting for those they'd never get a release out of the door.

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post
            Sounds like you're living in some kind of alternate reality where Phoronix post history = professional resume. In any case you are free to believe whatever you want, like a "20+ year professional" that can't convert a shell script with variables into a systemd unit.
            I've never claimed to be even working in IT. I've learned it, worked in it briefly, got drafted, then remained in military after compulsory service.

On the other hand. When you have knowledge of something or interest in something, you generally come front with it at some point of time - it's reasonable assumption, and express your opinions or share your experience about subject matter. Especially if that "something" is pretty niche and it might be interesting for others, if for no other reasons than perspective. AIX is something like this, fairly few have had close interaction with that animal. It's expensive and niche. tuxd3v has shared his experiences and opinions about it more than one time, you haven't at all. If you had real working experience with it, you'd had done same, if not for any other reason, to stand out. All you have done is to bash in general terms and claim bs.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
              I've never claimed to be even working in IT. I've learned it, worked in it briefly, got drafted, then remained in military after compulsory service.
              I wasn't talking about you.

On the other hand. When you have knowledge of something or interest in something, you generally come front with it at some point of time - it's reasonable assumption, and express your opinions or share your experience about subject matter.
              You obviously have no idea what a "reasonable assumption" is, for example you make yet another assumption that I have any interest in it. AIX was one of several Unix platforms (like IRIX and OpenUNIX) that I maintained for my previous employer.

You won't find a single post from me on any other topic either in here that's not related to the news section either. That means I have no interests then? It's clear that your "reasonable assumptions" are just yourself imagining things that support your case.

Especially if that "something" is pretty niche and it might be interesting for others, if for no other reasons than perspective. AIX is something like this, fairly few have had close interaction with that animal. It's expensive and niche.
              Personally I thought it was complete and utter crap, something you surely would agree with if you ever had to use SMIT. In that moment you would probably turn into a systemd lover.

tuxd3v has shared his experiences and opinions about it more than one time, you haven't at all. If you had real working experience with it, you'd had done same, if not for any other reason, to stand out. All you have done is to bash in general terms and claim bs.
              Why on earth would I, this is a thread about a new systemd version? Nobody cares about his experience with AIX, he was asked to back up his claims about systemd which he hasn't! Based on what he's posted, the only limitation of systemd in regards to his scripts is his own incompetence. That sums up every anti-systemd degenerate on here, just like yourself.

Comment

Working...
              X