Systemd 245 Released - First Version Including Systemd-Homed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacob View Post
    Systemd-homed does not force using LUKS virtual disks, in fact I suspect that will be a very marginal use case. The main contribution I see in homed is that it will at long last get us rid of the /etc/passwd - shadow - group etc. trainwreck.
    That's just about the only thing I care about in systemd-homed, since my actual solution is encrypting the whole home partition (far from ideal in a multi user environment). I can hardly even imagine a scenario where the portable home thing will be of any use to me.
    Last edited by Shiba; 06 March 2020, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

Does it really need to do that, couldn't a uid shift take care of that problem?
      Not sure how to do that deterministicly if your design goal is to have stable uids across multiple systems without any central instance

Comment

Originally posted by flower View Post

Not sure how to do that deterministicly if your design goal is to have stable uids across multiple systems without any central instance
        homed doesn't guarantee a stable UID.

meh, I don't know why in the Linux world we haven't replaced UIDs by some sort of GUID system.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          it's more like "the sum total of all daemons and tools in the systemd repo amounts to 1,500,000 lines of code"

you didn't really think systemd is a single monolithic software running everything from a bootloader to init to login manager in the same application and run it as PID1, right?
          'AIGHT?

ah so there is other people calling you asshole? That's reassuring to know I'm not alone in thinking that
          Still can't read; have the simplest of problems with comprehension, right, shit-head?

Read the post again:

"...there, the moderators--not just the "echo chamber" forum users--get actively involved by telling YOU what an a**hole YOU are.

Get that word: "YOU". Mean anything to "YOU"? Does anything in the English language mean anything to YOU?

I realize how tough this is for a non-carbon-based life-form like you. Have someone with an I.Q. way above yours--say, somewhere in the room-temperature region--explain this to you--if indeed you can even find someone who will undertake a fool's errand such as this.

And don't give us any hints; we don't need any--it's obvious that you're one of the knuckle-draggers who make up the Mint Linux "echo chamber".

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post

Still can't read; have the simplest of problems with comprehension, right, shit-head?

Read the post again:

"...there, the moderators--not just the "echo chamber" forum users--get actively involved by telling YOU what an a**hole YOU are.

Get that word: "YOU". Mean anything to "YOU"? Does anything in the English language mean anything to YOU?

I realize how tough this is for a non-carbon-based life-form like you. Have someone with an I.Q. way above yours--say, somewhere in the room-temperature region--explain this to you--if indeed you can even find someone who will undertake a fool's errand such as this.

And don't give us any hints; we don't need any--it's obvious that you're one of the knuckle-draggers who make up the Mint Linux "echo chamber".

Yeesh. I think I speak for everyone when I say you should consider getting some counseling.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
              Yeesh. I think I speak for everyone when I say you should consider getting some counseling.
              No, people who play amateur internet forum psychologist are more annoying than people who post rants.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

No, people who play amateur internet forum psychologist are more annoying than people who post rants.
                Doesn't take a psychologist to see when someone is unstable.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
                  Doesn't take a psychologist to see when someone is unstable.
                  My point exactly, just an amateur internet psychologist who reads life instability into people's random forum posts.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

My point exactly, just an amateur internet psychologist who reads life instability into people's random forum posts.
                    ... what? You literally didn't make a point.

EDIT: Also, guy walks into a store, starts knocking stuff down, telling people their IQ is small, and starts yelling at everyone... would you not think that person is ill? Same thing happening here dude.

Comment

Actually, whatever, I speak for everyone except for andyprough since he appears to want to die on this hill.

Comment

Working...
                      X