Systemd 245 Released - First Version Including Systemd-Homed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jabl View Post
    In a distro with thousands of packages, there's always multiple $AWESOME_THING just around the corner. If they'd keep waiting for those they'd never get a release out of the door.
    Tumbleweed has thousands of packages. Arch. Gentoo. Artix. Manjaro. Parabola. $AWESOME_THING usually available.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

Tumbleweed has thousands of packages. Arch. Gentoo. Artix. Manjaro. Parabola. $AWESOME_THING usually available.
      But also nosebleed section. Ubuntu 20.04 is LTS, so they need to be somewhat more conservative.

---

I'm really looking forward for homed. Once it gets properly integrated with the DEs and distributions we finally get encrypted home folders without key in ram during lock - awesome.

Comment

Gee, no shit sherlock. All rolling distro's. Guess what Ubuntu is not?

Comment

I am pretty sure that the original point was being made for LTS releases (not the rolling releases you are naming). While individuals may be able to move specific packages forward even on LTS releases for their own use, the promises of LTS API stability by the distro itself means one is going to be seeing divergence of features/capabilities over the LTS support period from the latest version of $AWESOME_THING.

The choice of a LTS or leading edge release has long term implications, and I fully respect individuals making their own fully informed choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
            I wish NetworkManager would gain support for setting DoT or DoH.
            There has been some discussion as to what, exactly, it would mean to support DoT and DoH in NetworkManager (there are some more complex setup and use cases and dependencies that exist depending on what (if any) local DNS server you are using, and real world use cases such as public wifi (logins)). If you have specific proposals to address those cases you should join that discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
              But also nosebleed section. Ubuntu 20.04 is LTS, so they need to be somewhat more conservative.
              no nosebleed on Tumbleweed

Comment

Originally posted by remenic View Post
                Guess what Ubuntu is not?
                a good distro

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  Originally posted by remenic View Post

Guess what Ubuntu is not?

a good distro
                  If you burn a DVD, it makes a very good coaster.

Comment

I suppose this means that systemd is now up to 1,500,000 lines of code.

And most of you are the ones who complain about how unstable and full of regressions your new, GLOOORIOUS, glitzy distro is. You know the distro I'm talking about: the one in which which the developers "fix" your bug reports and complaints by ignoring you--except in the Linux Mint forums: there, the moderators--not just the "echo chamber" forum users--get actively involved by telling you what an a**hole you are.

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post
                      I suppose this means that systemd is now up to 1,500,000 lines of code.

And most of you are the ones who complain about how unstable and full of regressions your new, GLOOORIOUS, glitzy distro is. You know the distro I'm talking about: the one in which which the developers "fix" your bug reports and complaints by ignoring you--except in the Linux Mint forums: there, the moderators--not just the "echo chamber" forum users--get actively involved by telling you what an a**hole you are.
                      If lines of code is how you consider if software is stable or not, I hope you don't consider Linux stable.

Comment

Working...
                      X