X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by jacob View Post

Actually from the point of view of those people Canonical isn't allowed to ever develop anything because fragmentation and NIH. Linux according to the same cult is "all about choice" except when the choice comes from Canonical. Only RedHat and neckbeards are allowed to contribute to the community provided that they never go beyond the capabilities of 1972 Uneeeeeeex.
    Red Hat and "neckbeards" don't develop software under license agreements that allow them to make proptieary copies or pushes vendor lock in.

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

I agree, Canonical for point of view of these can't make software, the stupid of this thing is most of this guys when they want something who works on desktop are using windows or ubuntu
    Actually from the point of view of those people Canonical isn't allowed to ever develop anything because fragmentation and NIH. Linux according to the same cult is "all about choice" except when the choice comes from Canonical. Only RedHat and neckbeards are allowed to contribute to the community provided that they never go beyond the capabilities of 1972 Uneeeeeeex.

Leave a comment:

• andre30correia
    replied
    Originally posted by jacob View Post

No, classic comments for an article about Canonical. No intelligent criticism, just trolling or FUD.
    I agree, Canonical for point of view of these can't make software, the stupid of this thing is most of this guys when they want something who works on desktop are using windows or ubuntu

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Ah yes, classic Canonical tactical. Any criticism is trolling or FUD.
    No, classic comments for an article about Canonical. No intelligent criticism, just trolling or FUD.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by Mez' View Post
    I never said that.
    It's obvious though that many haters in here are coming in numbers to thrash anything Canonical/Ubuntu whenever they see an article. Canonical sympathizer (or tolerant towards them) don't go and bother every one on a Fedora/Arch/other article. Which shows that the frustration is one-sided.

Most of the time there is little argumentation but trolling for the sake of it. Lots of common places, intolerance towards others' preferences, and a tendency to want to put forward their distro, DE, whatever as the best there is in the entire universe. Not many people listen to them I reckon. They need the audience.

Some can justify themselves and usually they're the more measured ones, and yet the ones that can lead the discussion further. But they're the rare bird.
    Second classic Canonical tactic, claim you didn't say something when you actually did 5 minutes earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Mez'
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post

I never said that.
    It's obvious though that many haters in here are coming in numbers to thrash anything Canonical/Ubuntu whenever they see an article. Canonical sympathizer (or tolerant towards them) don't go and bother every one on a Fedora/Arch/other article. Which shows that the frustration is one-sided.

Most of the time there is little argumentation but trolling for the sake of it. Lots of common places, intolerance towards others' preferences, and a tendency to want to put forward their distro, DE, whatever as the best there is in the entire universe. Not many people listen to them I reckon. They need the audience.

Some can justify themselves and usually they're the more measured ones, and yet the ones that can lead the discussion further. But they're the rare bird.
    Last edited by Mez'; 04 March 2020, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by Mez' View Post
    When reading this article, I was wondering what the Canonical haters zealots would have to complain about this time.

anarki2 and Danny3 are leading the race for now.

I was expecting better trolls though.

Leave a comment:

• Mez'
    replied
    When reading this article, I was wondering what the Canonical haters zealots would have to complain about this time.

anarki2 and Danny3 are leading the race for now.

I was expecting better trolls though.

Leave a comment:

• anarki2
    replied
    Oh yeah, we didn't have enough bugged Canonical stuff, let's bring some more!

Leave a comment:

• dragorth
    replied
    Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    What's the use case for a "mini cloud" on a workstation? Why not just utilize actual cloud services? I don't see why anyone would want to run such a thing locally on their pc.
    Devs use VMs to test out infrastructure and networks all the time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X