Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canonical's Multipass 1.1 Brings Proxy Support, Fixes

Phoronix: Canonical's Multipass 1.1 Brings Proxy Support, Fixes

Multipass is the software developed by Ubuntu-maker Canonical that is advertised as "a mini-cloud on your workstation" that provides an Ubuntu command-line in "just a click" with native hypervisor support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't get what's the point of this when we have something like Virtualbox ?
    I find Virtualbox easy enough and very user friendly.
    Or it's another dead-end project because Canonical is suffering from NIH syndrome ?
    And I really wonder when they will stop with the Snap crap...

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      I don't get what's the point of this when we have something like Virtualbox ?
      I find Virtualbox easy enough and very user friendly.
      Or it's another dead-end project because Canonical is suffering from NIH syndrome ?
      And I really wonder when they will stop with the Snap crap...
      Something like Vagrant is probably more comparable.

Comment

For those wondering what a multipass looks like:

Comment

What's the use case for a "mini cloud" on a workstation? Why not just utilize actual cloud services? I don't see why anyone would want to run such a thing locally on their pc.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
            For those wondering what a multipass looks like:

https://ibb.co/qktR759
            to make this post complete https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jWGbvemTag

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              What's the use case for a "mini cloud" on a workstation? Why not just utilize actual cloud services? I don't see why anyone would want to run such a thing locally on their pc.
              Devs use VMs to test out infrastructure and networks all the time.

Comment

Oh yeah, we didn't have enough bugged Canonical stuff, let's bring some more!

Comment

When reading this article, I was wondering what the Canonical haters zealots would have to complain about this time.

anarki2 and Danny3 are leading the race for now.

I was expecting better trolls though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
                    When reading this article, I was wondering what the Canonical haters zealots would have to complain about this time.

anarki2 and Danny3 are leading the race for now.

I was expecting better trolls though.
                    Ah yes, classic Canonical tactical. Any criticism is trolling or FUD.

Comment

Working...
                    X