Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux's FSCRYPT Working On Encryption + Case-Insensitive Support

Phoronix: Linux's FSCRYPT Working On Encryption + Case-Insensitive Support

FSCRYPT as the file-system encryption framework for the Linux kernel and is currently wired up for EXT4, F2FS, and UBIFS to offer native encryption capabilities is currently seeing improvements so the separate casefolding (case-insensitive) file/folder support can work on encrypted directories...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there anyone using fscrypt on their primary laptop? Last install i forgot to set up LUKS and have been eyeing fscrypt to not have to do a reinstall but is a bit weary about how stable and battle tested it is yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
      Is there anyone using fscrypt on their primary laptop? Last install i forgot to set up LUKS and have been eyeing fscrypt to not have to do a reinstall but is a bit weary about how stable and battle tested it is yet.
      I had an fscrypted NAS but iirc I moved to LUKS.
      fscrypt is super unfriendly to users (esp. east asian users) due to its tight file name length limit (255 -> 143).

Comment

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
        I had an fscrypted NAS but iirc I moved to LUKS.
        fscrypt is super unfriendly to users (esp. east asian users) due to its tight file name length limit (255 -> 143).
        That's eCryptfs, a very different (and deprecated) technology

Comment

Working...
        X