Reiser5 Updates For Linux 5.5 Along With Reiser4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post
    I don't think anyone here (since we have not seen the psych evals) is going to be able to predict how someone will behave after being released from prison, whenever that may end up being (no one expects it to be in 2020(*), but he has the right to apply (I believe the first possible hearing date was scheduled for January, I don't know if it happened)), but I would be surprised if Mr. Reiser will be able to find any income stream such that he will have any time to be able to produce significant work product on any filesystem (with or without his name on it) as he owes his children $60M for the civil wrongful death lawsuit he lost(**), so he will be working for the rest of his life, likely in menial jobs, to pay that off.

(*) It is extremely rare for someone to be paroled on their first hearing when they were convicted of a violent crime.

(**) He lost it because he not only represented himself (always a bad idea), he eventually argued he was saving his children from their mother (his wife) by killing her, which quite honestly does not bode well for the results of that psych eval.
    Isn't declaring one's-self legally bankrypt way out of such a debt? After a period of time (5-years) you can go on with your life.

** It might have been true and might have been not. We never know for sure. Women can be deadly intrigants. For example: we had here 40y old woman and 47y old man, married for couple of decades but still tied because of their home which they co-owned. They supposedly had private agreement of NOT dragging their lovers to their shared home but what the woman did.. one nice night she came home with her lover, decade younger man and at some point her husband arrived as well, found them from his bed and he lost himself. It ended with woman's lover killing the husband for "self-defense" and going to jail - but woman.. well she got rid of annoying husband and had co-owned home entirely to herself now. Win-win, one can always find new lover.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      He was a pretty huge douchebag in the LKML thread about merging its newer ReiserFS, so I don't see why he shouldn't make clear to everyone that he is still a huge douchebag after he goes working again at his filesystem. You can't change people like that even in decent conditions, while US prison system usually makes people worse.
      I mean, who hasn't been a douchebag? Like Linus has certainly been one. Murdering your wife makes you a bad person, not being a douchebag online.

Originally posted by linner View Post
      Back in the day I tried ReiserFS a few times and lost data every time. Every time they said they fixed a bunch of stuff and it was now stable, I found it not to be. Seemed pretty buggy and unstable to me. Do not want.
      I've had similar experiences with btrfs and yet that is mainlined...

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        Please don't post oversized, annoying images in reply to my comments when you could easily make the same point in text. Thanks
        But yeah, it will be 2040 and Reiser8fs will be out, and someone will say, "It's a killer filesystem. Har har har!", and still think it's clever.
        If it's oversized for you, then either

a) You have a scaling issue on your desktop/laptop PC or
        b) Your mobile browser doesn't handle images well

Comment

I don't think anyone here (since we have not seen the psych evals) is going to be able to predict how someone will behave after being released from prison,
          I have seen his hilarious meltdown in the LKML and I had 150% confirmation that he is a fucking moron. And due to my job I do have a very significant experience with fucking morons. The chances of people like that changing when adult are minuscule, prison or no prison, treatment or no treatment.
          And I'm not talking of violence or homicidal impulses here, I'm talking of basic grasp of working in a human society and basic grip on reality. Eve if he somehow is not violent and angry anymore he is still completely bonkers and a threat for himself and others.

Also the fact that US prisons very usually fuck up people even more is not open to debate either.

I would be surprised if Mr. Reiser will be able to find any income stream such that he will have any time to be able to produce significant work product on any filesystem (with or without his name on it) as he owes his children $60M for the civil wrongful death lawsuit he lost(**), so he will be working for the rest of his life, likely in menial jobs, to pay that off.
          Are these children still in US?

Also I sincerely doubt anyone working in "menial jobs" in Murrica for a whole lifetime can come anywhere near paying 1M, let alone 60M, but this is another story.

He lost it because he not only represented himself (always a bad idea), he eventually argued he was saving his children from their mother (his wife) by killing her, which quite honestly does not bode well for the results of that psych eval.
          That's more or less on the same scale as what he did on the LKML. A massive, gargantuan shot on his own foot due to lack of understanding of basic stuff most children grasp before they are 10 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
            Isn't declaring one's-self legally bankrypt way out of such a debt?
            That would ultimately be up to the bankruptcy judge (and as with all else, specific details always matter), but typically one cannot discharge debts incurred due to willful and reckless acts.

Comment

typically one cannot discharge debts incurred due to willful and reckless acts.
              Which is why you can't escape debt from student loans.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                What MIT and Epstein has to do with this cold blood killer..?
                Seriously, its besides me..
                Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. For MIT, it's Epstein's money. For Linux, it's ReiserFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                  If it's oversized for you, then either a) You have a scaling issue on your desktop/laptop PC or b) Your mobile browser doesn't handle images well
                  or...
                  c) screenspace to content ratio is way too low. See also: Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR)
                  "Better luck next time."

Comment

That would ultimately be up to the bankruptcy judge (and as with all else, specific details always matter), but typically one cannot discharge debts incurred due to willful and reckless acts.
                    The only solution then appears to be going abroad and starting from scratch there. Medical will be most likely cheaper as well, U.S system is absurdly expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                      or...
                      c) screenspace to content ratio is way too low. See also: Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR)
                      "Better luck next time."
                      ... which is still *your* problem as the picture scales fine on my laptop. It's not big at all over here, and my SNR isn't big either on my 13.3" 1080p screen with bezels and 110% zoom in my web browser and tabs on the left.

Comment

Working...
                      X