Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.5 Released With Many Hardware Support Improvements

Phoronix: Linux 5.5 Released With Many Hardware Support Improvements

Linus Torvalds has just released Linux 5.5 as stable...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oddly enough, kernel.org still shows 5.14 as latest.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
      I never knew they were in 5.14 that fast?

Typos aside, it's just Michael catching Linux kernel releases faster than their official releases as usual

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I never knew they were in 5.14 that fast?

Typos aside, it's just Michael catching Linux kernel releases faster than their official releases as usual
        Darn, that 5.4.15 version is confusing. Especially at 3 AM lol.

Comment

Actually it shows 5.4.15 for today.. a v5.5 tag was created but no distribution release yet for 5.5

It needs to be signed by the 'autosigner', and also by the 'kernel developers'( both ), so I assume this is still in process( Unfortunately.. but hey Linus, no rush..I am very well prepared for it... )..

While I am patiently waiting its release( which means almost braking my keyboard hitting F5.. ), I got a movie from my thousand collection to see.. yeah DVDs movies.. I pickup 20 of them and this time, will change the thing a bit, will be '10.000AC'.. enough of Predators, Terminators, and Aliens on release day..

Comment

I just compiled it from the torvalds git and am running it now under Manjaro. So far so good, and it's great to have the built in NVME temps now without patching (just make sure to put "CONFIG_NVME_HWMON=y" in the config file).

Comment

Is there any psr enabled here ?
              other thing. Is there anyway to check it?

Comment

It's too bad that there is still no Nvidia reclocking support, and that Raspberry Pi 4 support took so long.
                Is there USB 4 support? Is there Thunderbolt 4 support?

Comment

Darn, that 5.4.15 version is confusing. Especially at 3 AM lol.
                  a real Linux Enthusiast knows the current stable by heart even in the middle of the night ;P

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

a real Linux Enthusiast knows the current stable by heart even in the middle of the night ;P
                    A real Linux Enthusiast uses a drm-next kernel two versions newer than the current stable

Comment

Working...
                    X