Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.5 Ready To Shine With Navi Overclocking, Raspberry Pi 4 Support, Wake-On-Voice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.5 Ready To Shine With Navi Overclocking, Raspberry Pi 4 Support, Wake-On-Voice

Phoronix: Linux 5.5 Ready To Shine With Navi Overclocking, Raspberry Pi 4 Support, Wake-On-Voice

Everything is aligning that the Linux 5.5 kernel is likely to be released this coming Sunday rather than being pushed off for another week of testing...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Ready-To-Shine

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      AMDGPU "Navi" overclocking support with OverDrive via the exising sysfs interfaces similar to earlier AMD GPUs.

Comment

RPi4 support

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
          RPi4 support
          Beautiful isn't it! Those little boards are becoming more and more useful over time.

Comment

For the Navi OC, is there is a way to bypass the limitation like it's possible on Windows with the powerplay tables?

I ask because it say invalid argument if I try to put 240000000 in /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon4/power1_cap when my card run with a RX 5700 BIOS but it work just fine if I run my card with a RX 5700 XT BIOS. (That card is not an XT but it is on water)

Comment

wizard69 They are so fun

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post
                For the Navi OC, is there is a way to bypass the limitation like it's possible on Windows with the powerplay tables?

I ask because it say invalid argument if I try to put 240000000 in /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon4/power1_cap when my card run with a RX 5700 BIOS but it work just fine if I run my card with a RX 5700 XT BIOS. (That card is not an XT but it is on water)
                There should be some kernel command-line options you can set at boot, but I'm at work so I don't have my notes handy.

Comment

I hope it'll be released on Sunday -- the OpenMandriva 4.1 release is supposed to happen at FOSDEM next week. If 5.5 is released on Sunday, we can probably still pull it in (5.5-rc* has been in the repos for long enough...)

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post

You can use UPP to go after the powerplay tables directly. I haven't tested the power limit, but my 5700 XT did respond to voltage caps and frequency modifications.

Comment

Working...
                    X