No announcement yet.

Linux 5.5-rc5 Released With "Fixes All Over" + A Big Performance Regression Fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.5-rc5 Released With "Fixes All Over" + A Big Performance Regression Fix

Phoronix: Linux 5.5-rc5 Released With "Fixes All Over" + A Big Performance Regression Fix

Linux 5.5 development has been picking up in recent days following Christmas week and New Year's but now more upstream developers returning to their keyboards in order to get this next kernel update buttoned up for its debut around month's end...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...5-rc5-Released

Originally posted by timofonic
    A big performance regression fix? It's just AppArmor, that crap developed by The Morons known as Canonical.
    Nice comment there, I hope you feel proud. Next time might I suggest you add something useful and constructive to the conversation

Comment

Looks like powerplay race condition for Navi is finally fixed in 5.5-rc5.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

Nice comment there, I hope you feel proud. Next time might I suggest you add something useful and constructive to the conversation
        He has a valid point IMO, why reinvent something when it already existed (selinux).

Comment

Originally posted by leigh123linux View Post

He has a valid point IMO, why reinvent something when it already existed (selinux).
          The point is that this user wants to call people morons - the outlet just happens to be a company.

As for your "Why Reinvent" question?

Imagine a world where Intel make the only CPU - because - why reinvent?

"Why reinvent the wheel?" "Some people don't like square wheels"

Sure, we don't always get a better [thing] - but we never know if something else is never tried.

Now - to some facts, according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AppArmor AppArmor came first over selinux https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security-Enhanced_Linux by a couple of years.

So my point here stands as to "why reinvent", you sometimes get better stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by leigh123linux View Post

suse were using (and developing) it long before ubuntu adopted it, it works in a different way to selinix and suse and others seem to value that difference.

Comment

I only read these comments to see if there was some further recognition of bde (aka Bruce Evans). I must be getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow

Is it crap? OK, I am disabling it then.
                You can also think that it is crap and on your device you are free to uninstall what you want, but at least have the decency not to offend the work of people. Otherwise one day you will find yourself having to pay for every single software, because this will happen with many people who approach free software in this way and no matter who is developed by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

You can also think that it is crap and on your device you are free to uninstall what you want, but at least have the decency not to offend the work of people. Otherwise one day you will find yourself having to pay for every single software, because this will happen with many people who approach free software in this way and no matter who is developed by it.
                  Post deleted. Apologies, but may want to blame timofonic too.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Post deleted. Apologies, but may want to blame timofonic too.
                    If I was wrong to quote, I apologize, I should reread everything and I don't have time. However the important thing is the concept. A greeting

Comment

Working...
                    X