Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reiser5 File-System In Development - Adds Local Volumes With Parallel Scaling Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squash View Post
    Puns aside, having served his sentence I hope he has also received the appropriate treatment and is able to re-enter society as a productive member.
    His sentence is 15 to life. It will be up to the parole board to make the final decision as to when (or even if) he is released, but given that in 2011 he submitted to the court a filing that was considered to be a rambling argument (dismissed with prejudice) about the unfairness of his trial, and in 2012 (being his own lawyer in a civil case) tried to argue that killing his wife was to protect his children, it does not seem that to this point he has fully accepted responsibility, and is now contrite about, the murder (which are often used as evaluation criteria by the board in making their decisions). It should also be noted that statistically most parole boards do not grant parole for violent crimes the first time one is eligible. I don't think anyone will be surprised if he is not released any time soon.

Comment

I really hope he will change that damn name.

Comment

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post

His sentence is 15 to life. It will be up to the parole board to make the final decision as to when (or even if) he is released, but given that in 2011 he submitted to the court a filing that was considered to be a rambling argument (dismissed with prejudice) about the unfairness of his trial, and in 2012 (being his own lawyer in a civil case) tried to argue that killing his wife was to protect his children, it does not seem that to this point he has fully accepted responsibility, and is now contrite about, the murder (which are often used as evaluation criteria by the board in making their decisions). It should also be noted that statistically most parole boards do not grant parole for violent crimes the first time one is eligible. I don't think anyone will be surprised if he is not released any time soon.
        Well.. worse yet his filesystem ate some of my data back in 2006 .. so I agree with keeping him in jail. lol

(k maybe bad joke but.. they happen)

Comment

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post
          You mean like My, or Maria? Monty obviously disagrees.
          Weren't his daughters?

Comment

Originally posted by zdzichu View Post

From the future rather. The second decade of 21st century ends in a year, not now.
            Please don't confuse the issue with the facts.

Comment

I love drinking the delicious tears of all those asking to change the name because it offends their feelings.

That said, good to have another filesystem brought in the 21st century.

Comment

To be frank, I don't effing care one bit about Hans and this obscure brainchild of his.
                However, I cannot stop wondering how his children (and wifes family) are trying to make a future for themselves.

But everyone has their own motivations...

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  I love drinking the delicious tears of all those asking to change the name because it offends their feelings.
                  So you're a sociopath? Good to know. Ever consider becoming a politician?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

That said, good to have another filesystem brought in the 21st century.
                    I mean whatever, but frankly it's stupid to continue the name from a standpoint of anyone ever actually adopting it officially. They should just change to it NamesysFS / NsFS and call it a day... Or perhaps WFS I don't think that is taken for WiserFS :P

Comment

Here is a good new years resolution for 2020:

Stop posting this shit. Hans Reiser murdered his mall order bride he bought. None of these filesystems are performant to modern standards. Reiser has no work with them. At very least take his name off them, but even still no one cares because EXT4, JFS, XFS and F2FS are already more than enough.

Fuck Reiser and fuck reiserfs

Comment

Working...
                      X