One Of The Reasons Why Linux 5.5 Can Be Running Slower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanC View Post
    Problem there is that that link is most likely removed by tracker blockers, because Paypal is one of those scummy privacy-invading companies people try to keep out of their life as much as possible…
    Indeed. When Bountysource changed hands, the new owners decided to pay bounties only by Paypal. As I am not willing under any circumstances to make a Paypal account, I had to refund a bounty I had already earned back to the poster and stop accepting any further bounties via them. I take keeping the whole Google/Facebook/Twitter/Amazon/Paypal axis out of my life quite seriously, and even though I am not employed still let those bounties go.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Sadly, most do not, at least for showing support to make future tests possible.

Greater than 50% ad block rates.
      Less than 1% being premium subscribers.
      Less than 1% tipping.
      Just my 5 cents.
      I have recently bought a subscription, because of your excellent services.
      Like others have said, it is a bit hard to find, that you can buy a subscription.
      Yes, sometimes some articles are advertising the premium subscription, but most of the time there is no clearly visible hint of it.

There is also no special color for premium subscriptions and the only default reference to it, seems to be at the bottom of the website.
      Nicely hidden.
      (I just skimmed the website again. Maybe I missed something, but this is the point.)

One does not have to use animations etc. in order to advertise the premium subscription.
      A orange/yellow button with "Support" or "ad free" written on the top, may even be enough.

On the other hand, it is quite normal that less than 1-2% are paying.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post

Some guy informing Michael that his site's quite likely illegal in the EU (he might find himself blocked if it is the case, and enforced) is an opportunity for some bravado!
        It's not as if he needs more than show you EULA and privacy policy that non-premium users must accept to continue using the site and this stops being a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post

Some guy informing Michael that his site's quite likely illegal in the EU (he might find himself blocked if it is the case, and enforced) is an opportunity for some bravado!
          Right now there is no blocking in most countries though that may be one of the hidden motives behind GDPR.

Comment

Originally posted by nils_ View Post

Right now there is no blocking in most countries though that may be one of the hidden motives behind GDPR.
            As an European I can tell you, that the advertisment on this site is not illegal in the EU.
            Just compare the ads of European news sites and you will know it.

> It's not as if he needs more than show you EULA and privacy policy that non-premium users must accept to continue using the site and this stops being a problem.

The site already does that.
            Just open it in private mode.

Comment

Great article, keep going on like this!

Michael I do not have any adblock installed, but various times I see empty ads in the page. How do I check if there's any Firefox setting blocking your ads?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Sadly, most do not, at least for showing support to make future tests possible.

Greater than 50% ad block rates.
                Less than 1% being premium subscribers.
                Less than 1% tipping.
                Start Accepting BAT from Brave users like me, damnit. I've been donating constantly through it.

Comment

Working...
                X