One Of The Reasons Why Linux 5.5 Can Be Running Slower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    EU law doesn't apply on this side of the pond! Internet FTW.
    You’re wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Sadly, most do not, at least for showing support to make future tests possible.

Greater than 50% ad block rates.
      Less than 1% being premium subscribers.
      Less than 1% tipping.
      just got premium now.
      best wishes and keep up your good work

Comment

Interesting. Now: when and how will this be resolved? By reverting those two commits before the release? Since I can't see any reaction yet on lkml
        Last edited by Hans Bull; 30 December 2019, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
          EU law doesn't apply on this side of the pond! Internet FTW.
          Some guy informing Michael that his site's quite likely illegal in the EU (he might find himself blocked if it is the case, and enforced) is an opportunity for some bravado!
          Hi

Comment

Michael have you submitted a bug report with your findings?

Comment

Michael

Great many thanks for the findings however have you filed a bug report? Posted a message in LKML? This all will be naught otherwise.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the effort!
                Originally posted by Michael View Post

Sadly, most do not, at least for showing support to make future tests possible.

Greater than 50% ad block rates.
                Less than 1% being premium subscribers.
                Less than 1% tipping.
                While i'm currently premium, i've always had the adblock turned off - but still got (almost) no ads until i disable umatrix. But if i do that, the site loads so many 3rd party scripts etc that i can't by the love of god accept such a privacy and security risk :/
                The ads themselfs are not too intrusive, but given your audience is pretty it-savvy and thus security and privacy aware, maybe consider switching to a more privacy friendly ad-provider? I can't be the only one that is willing to unblock the ads if it is "sane"

Comment

It's unbelievable how these awful regressions pass unobserved until Michael finds them...
                  I think it's clear that the Linux kernel who has millions of users has no quality assurance whatsoever.
                  I wonder what is the Linux Foundation doing with all those money they get from the companies ???

They should be pouring something like 5000 $ / month to Michael for doing this wonderful job of finding this terrible regressions and raising the alarm.
                  If it weren't for Michael we would have a much lower quality and less performant kernel.

Comment

Another one just got Premium

Thanks for all the work you do, Michael!

Comment

FireBurn, birdie as in the past, this is Michals bug report.

Comment

Working...
                      X