Intel Releases Cloud-Hypervisor 0.4 As Its Rust-Written VMM Built Off KVM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Releases Cloud-Hypervisor 0.4 As Its Rust-Written VMM Built Off KVM

Phoronix: Intel Releases Cloud-Hypervisor 0.4 As Its Rust-Written VMM Built Off KVM

Friday marked not only the release of QEMU 4.2 for Linux virtualization but Intel's open-source crew developing the Cloud-Hypervisor as the Rustlang-based VMM built around Linux's KVM and VirtIO interfaces is out with a big feature release...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Hypervisor-0.4

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    but AArch64 coverae is said to be

Comment

So far, I fail to see the added value over pure KVM.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
        So far, I fail to see the added value over pure KVM.
        KVM on its own only virtualizes the CPU. To make a complete system (storage, io, graphics) you need something like qemu, virtual box, or vmware to put a whole virtual system together. That's what these folks are doing. Think of it more as a replacement for the qemu userspace program.

Comment

Looks like some thing to keep an eye on. I hope AMD decides to step up and give a hand so this doesn't become an Intel only project.

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
            Looks like some thing to keep an eye on. I hope AMD decides to step up and give a hand so this doesn't become an Intel only project.
            Unfortunately AMD needs more employees (AMD: 10,100 & Intel: 107,200) and money to do these sorts of things.

Comment

Working...
            X