No announcement yet.

Systemd-homed Looks Like It Will Merged Soon For systemd 245

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like an awful lot of work to re-invent home directories on encrypted ZFS datasets, with LDAP for user management.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
      Harddrives have no price these days. Simply buy another gazillion of terrabytes and plug it into the machine. Even in emerging countries harddrives are cheaper than food. So why bother with sideshows
      As an aspiring data hoarder, I'd like to ask your advice on where I can buy the space-folding drive bay expanders you seem to have access to.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
        I'm irritated that system-D doesn't answer my emails and file my taxes for me yet.
        This will probably bearriving with systemd 246

systemd-sendmaild
        systemd-slicedbread

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
        As an aspiring data hoarder, I'd like to ask your advice on where I can buy the space-folding drive bay expanders you seem to have access to.
        I am going to unplug some from my tardis and hand it over to you.

Comment

systemd-slicedbread
          There's going to be a flame war over whether it should be systemd-slicedbread or systemd-slicedbreadd.

I'm in the latter camp myself, unless you can convince me otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix_rizzen View Post
            Seems like an awful lot of work to re-invent home directories on encrypted ZFS datasets, with LDAP for user management.
            When you are desperately attempting to avoid the 1000 outstanding bug reports on your creation, you create BIG NEW SIDE PROJECTS to distract the masses. Even if the side projects are completely redundant and unnecessary - in fact it's better if they are redundant, because then no one that has half a brain is really counting on you to accomplish anything anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dielectrics View Post
              There's going to be a flame war over whether it should be systemd-slicedbread or systemd-slicedbreadd.

I'm in the latter camp myself, unless you can convince me otherwise.
              systemd-breadsliced obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
                The people using "the default desktop under Linux" don't know what an "performance impact of the loopback" is, therefore it's not subject of their interest.

Harddrives have no price these days. Simply buy another gazillion of terrabytes and plug it into the machine. Even in emerging countries harddrives are cheaper than food. So why bother with sideshows
                Makes zero sense but okay.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix_rizzen View Post
                  It's a good thing ZFS is a fully native Linux filesystem then, oh wait.

Comment

Michael a typo:
                    Now that ,a href="https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=systemd-244-released">systemd 244

Comment

As long as it doesn't break single-user desktops, it's all good.

Comment

Working...
                      X