Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat Provides New VirtIO Windows Driver Installer

Phoronix: Red Hat Provides New VirtIO Windows Driver Installer

Red Hat engineers are busy working on oVirt 4.4 as the next feature release for this virtualization management platform that forms the basis of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization. For this next release they are planning to ship a new Windows installer for their drivers to ease the deployment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

These seems to have fix the previous issues I was having with Windows 10 under GNOME Boxes.

Comment

Using the WiX Toolset, they are providing a new ... experience ...
      *ROFL* German readers would probably confirm this as a perfect tool name

Comment

I have not had any problems with RH virtio drivers in the past 3 years in Windows 7 or 10. Happy to see it being included in the ISO.

Looking forward to a 3D driver sometime ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
          I have not had any problems with RH virtio drivers in the past 3 years in Windows 7 or 10. Happy to see it being included in the ISO.

Looking forward to a 3D driver sometime ;-)
          I'm hoping DXVK with a Vulkan passthrough leads the way to a 3d driver.

Comment

I suppose it's unlikely macOS VMs will ever get usable virtIO drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by scorp View Post

*ROFL* German readers would probably confirm this as a perfect tool name
              I would like to know it too, I don't understand German.

Comment

Last time I checked, the virtIO network driver was speed limited when using a 10Gb Mellanox link on the Linux host. I will install the update and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                  I would like to know it too, I don't understand German.
                  That name sounds a little off for germans, that's right, see https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichser

You can directly switch languages there.

There is also wix.com offering a website builder, doing TV Commercials. Those also do feel a bit off.

Comment

The funny thing is that there will be companies that will use Azure to run RHEL to run W10 virtualized...

Comment

Working...
                    X