Systemd Starts Tapping ChromeOS For USB Devices That Support Auto-Suspend Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by calc View Post

And as to be expected from the "I use arch btw" l4m3r5 / trolls.
    Arch uses systemd for everything. Real Men use Devuan, Gentoo or Void Linux because fifty years ago there was nothing wrong with using buggy, unmaintainable shell scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

Arch uses systemd for everything. Real Men use Devuan, Gentoo or Void Linux because fifty years ago there was nothing wrong with using buggy, unmaintainable shell scripts.
      Please. The serious men either use Linux From Scratch, or just do everything themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
        This is great - next systemd can decide when to update and restart your system, just like Windows10.
        At least you can set it up to not do that without paying heaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post

Please. The serious men either use Linux From Scratch, or just do everything themselves.
          You're right. I mean, I wouldn't accept that Linus Torvalds takes away my Choicet(tm) by deciding for me which thread should have the CPU right how, would you?

Comment

By your definition I am a lamer and troll

(I am not overhyped by using Arch...)

Comment

But that was because in the past we didn't care much about service management and there were a handful of Unix/Unix-like operating systems so it didn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                This is great - next systemd can decide when to update and restart your system, just like Windows10.
                It's worse than that. Windows 10 supports SMP! It's urgent to remove SMP support from Linux (after all, Unix did just fine with a single CPU on the PDP11), lest it will be like Windows and update and reboot with telemetry enabled whenever Poettering says so!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

But that was because in the past we didn't care much about service management and there were a handful of Unix/Unix-like operating systems so it didn't matter.
                  All right, let's take a short break from the (arguably very fun) trolling in this thread and look at the ridiculousness of the situation. Someone has imported a dataset that allows Linux distros to properly manage USB suspend/resume. The benefit of this to the community should be self-evident and a no-brainer. But because the tool that actually performs that management happens to be distributed under the loose systemd brand, then the usual suspects report for duty and immediately see some sinister conspiracy, probably trying to take away their God given freedom to have dysfunctional USB or something.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    By your definition I am a lamer and troll

(I am not overhyped by using Arch...)
                    Just using arch doesn't automatically make you one of the noted people, and if you haven't seen them yet then count yourself lucky as they seem to be everywhere.

Comment

the usual suspects report for duty and immediately see some sinister conspiracy, probably trying to take away their God given freedom to have dysfunctional USB or something.
                      Actually, I haven't really seen any of them on this thread. I think we've drowned them out with all the mockery...

Comment

Working...
                      X