Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache Promotes Rya To Being A Top-Level Project

Phoronix: Apache Promotes Rya To Being A Top-Level Project

The Apache Software Foundation today announced that Rya has been promoted as the organization's newest top-level project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hadōken!

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    deliver queries at milisecond level performance.

Comment

The most advanced database project in the United States Department of the Navy, powering a new generation of drones, advanced tactical communications through manned-unmanned teaming, and supporting autonomous swarms of smaller robots, among numerous other applications. In addition, Apache Rya is being used for artificial intelligence projects
      So, Apache Rya is the beginning of SkyNet?

Comment

Originally posted by ed31337 View Post

So, Apache Rya is the beginning of SkyNet?
        No, just a component of it. It is just a database, a triplestore.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

No, just a component of it. It is just a database, a triplestore.
          Can you explain about the other components, please? I want to talk about it with John Connor, my son.

I see it uses Java. As it's plagued with vulnerabilities, it's interesting to know it.

Is Oracle the real name of Cyberdyne? Or is Oracle going to be taken over by an even more evil corporation just like it happened with Sun Microsystems?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
            I see it uses Java. As it's plagued with vulnerabilities, it's interesting to know it.
            Java applications tend to be very secure as the Java language and library makes it very easy to write secure apps.

Java was never full with vulnerabilities, actually I have never heard a widely exploited vulnerability in the last 25 years.

The Java Plugin which were run applets in browsers had many security issues. But that is not Java and it is not widely used for a long-long time. Moreover, this article refers to a database which obviously has nothing to do with browsers and the Java Plugin.

Comment

Can you explain about the other components, please? I want to talk about it with John Connor, my son.

Is Oracle the real name of Cyberdyne? Or is Oracle going to be taken over by an even more evil corporation just like it happened with Sun Microsystems?
              The other components would be artificial intelligence, machine learning, neutral networks. Perhaps some dedicated AI hardware.

Comment

Whoa, more evil than Oracle? That's a tall order right there.

Comment

Working...
                X