OpenZFS Could Soon See Much Better Deduplication Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dfyt View Post

With ZFS you can allocate a SSD as a cache device for your storage like a "hybrid" drive. Sadly on Linux thus far you lose that cache when you reboot. On BSD's it persists between reboots.
    I see.

Can ZFS be used as Swap too? What about persistent computing and never need to close apps unless misbehave?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      Can ZFS be used as Swap too?
      Yes. Create a ZVOL and then run mkswap on it. Works perfectly.

Comment

"Performant" is not an adjective. It's a noun meaning a performer in a play.

Yes, language constantly evolves, new words are added and others fade away every day. And all words are just "made up". Usually when a word is "officially recognized", it has already been in use for quite a while. One dictionary has even added "performant". I get it. I'm usually the first to point all that out when someone says "that's not a word".

But this word in particular drives me absolutely ape-sh*t like no other word in spoken or written language. Mainly because it became popular among wanna-be-nerd corporate brownnosing ladder-climber types with no actual human talent other than thinking they sound sophisticated. Then it trickled down into an epidemic of stupidity. (Yes, I get it, nowadays not all uses are stupid.)

For the love of all that is holy, stop using that stupid f***ing word.

Comment

Working...
        X