X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by rene View Post
    I find it really sill what a fuzz is made here re-occurringly about such an anti-features. Who in it's right mind would want to use such a crippled DOS name lookup thing? Commenting something like that previously I learned it is also about unicode normalisation, which fair enough should be more useful. But case-insensitively alone? I certainly am not interested at all in such an antiquated implementation detail.
    It's not like it's on by default and case-insensitivity can be considered to be a feature for non-power users and non-technical people like my Dad. It's also something that's needed for Wine and some programs running with Wine.

I'm glad we're getting another tool in the box and that native Linux file systems and tools are getting closer to being as feature-filled and as robust as ZFS.

Leave a comment:

• rene
    replied
    I find it really sill what a fuzz is made here re-occurringly about such an anti-features. Who in it's right mind would want to use such a crippled DOS name lookup thing? Commenting something like that previously I learned it is also about unicode normalisation, which fair enough should be more useful. But case-insensitively alone? I certainly am not interested at all in such an antiquated implementation detail.

Leave a comment:

• F2FS Will Have Faster Case-Insensitive Lookups With Linux 5.4

Phoronix: F2FS Will Have Faster Case-Insensitive Lookups With Linux 5.4

The EXT4 case-insensitive lookup optimization added to the file-system with the current Linux 5.3 cycle has been ported to the Flash-Friendly File-System (F2FS) for the upcoming Linux 5.4...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X