Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.3-rc8 Released To Let The Kernel Bake An Extra Week

Phoronix: Linux 5.3-rc8 Released To Let The Kernel Bake An Extra Week

As expected, Linus Torvalds today released the Linux 5.3-rc8 kernel rather than opting for the stable Linux 5.3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really hope ASoC patches get merged before 5.3 is released, as upstream is 4 weeks behind the for_linus ASoC branch.
    Currently, upstream has broken audio on many baytrail/braswell Chromebooks, ASoC branch has it fixed.

Comment

And there is still no Navi firmware in the linux-firmware repository. Once Linux 5.3 gets released and is picked up by distributions, a corresponding linux-firmware release with Navi firmware needs to be in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Lycanthropist View Post
        And there is still no Navi firmware in the linux-firmware repository. Once Linux 5.3 gets released and is picked up by distributions, a corresponding linux-firmware release with Navi firmware needs to be in place.
        Why is it still missing? cc bridgman ?

Comment

I've been running it since yesterday on my old FX-6300/R9-390 system and it works like a charm. I'm finally getting my R7 3700X today though, so we'll see how it goes on the newer stuff soon (still not giving up my R9-390 though) ...

Comment

Working...
          X