Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schmidtbag
    replied
    lol I actually forgot about virgl, and just went ahead and used GPU passthrough for my VM. Obviously that takes more work, but, at least I get pretty much bare-metal GPU performance.

Leave a comment:

• jo-erlend
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Running Linux games on a VM on Linux is kind of weird.

But that's good progress, at least this is going to be good for running Android applications with 3D acceleration.

I'm not holding my breath for that.
    I'm not a gamer, but on my regular PC, I've moved all desktop stuff into VMs, only running a thin Ubuntu Server install as the host. Very comfortable. It's not like native, but it's good enough for me. Would be nice to be able to play more games, though I wouldn't use VirGL if gaming was important to my setup.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Running Linux games on a VM on Linux is kind of weird.

But that's good progress, at least this is going to be good for running Android applications with 3D acceleration.

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
    Parallels recently got Direct3D 11 implemented in Metal for Mac OS w/ Windows 10 guests. Perhaps VMWare Workstation has something planned next for Linux hosts?
    I'm not holding my breath for that.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Does it work with spice over tcp?

Leave a comment:

• GreenByte
    replied
    Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    Anti-cheats usually pretty good in detecting the fact that program is running in virtual machine, so virgl not gonna help here anyway. We need either native releases with native EAC/BattleEye, or some solution from Valve.
    Protected games work just fine in VMs. It was only VAC that disallowed csgo VM play for a while, but that was only because VMs were abused for account boosting and the restriction was sort of removed once they solved the issue in other ways.
    Last edited by GreenByte; 29 August 2019, 02:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GreenByte
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    i think it's a wine issue, but maybe they don't like any non-standard dll - dunno
    Any unsigned library is a no-no for anti-cheats. DXVK devs would have to provide signed dlls for it to have any chance to work on battleye/eac.

Leave a comment:

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
    We need a reliable way to play EAC and BattlEye protected games on Linux.
    Anti-cheats usually pretty good in detecting the fact that program is running in virtual machine, so virgl not gonna help here anyway. We need either native releases with native EAC/BattleEye, or some solution from Valve.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    ...but will the aforementioned anti-cheat software work? DXVK is known to have issues with anti-cheat games.
    i think it's a wine issue, but maybe they don't like any non-standard dll - dunno

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    doesn't dxvk just work on windows with vulkan drivers(i have no idea)?
    Oh! This can be a method. Now to bring VirVK...

...but will the aforementioned anti-cheat software work? DXVK is known to have issues with anti-cheat games.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Somebody should start a project to support DirectX 11 on VM via Vulkan based on DXVK.
    doesn't dxvk just work on windows with vulkan drivers(i have no idea)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X