No announcement yet.

Virglrenderer 0.8 Offers Better Open-Source OpenGL Support To KVM/QEMU Guests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virglrenderer 0.8 Offers Better Open-Source OpenGL Support To KVM/QEMU Guests

Phoronix: Virglrenderer 0.8 Offers Better Open-Source OpenGL Support To KVM/QEMU Guests

Virglrenderer 0.8 was released last week as one of the components to the "Virgl" graphics stack for getting OpenGL acceleration working within KVM+QEMU guests that is in good enough shape for handling relatively recent GL/GLES Linux games and other workloads...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....80-Better-Gfx

I've had hangs using VirGL on Android-x86...
    Otherwise, it is veeeery fast.

Comment

Any update on QEMU Windows Direct3D guest support? This mostly benefits Chromebook Crostini users I think.

We need a reliable way to play EAC and BattlEye protected games on Linux.

Parallels recently got Direct3D 11 implemented in Metal for Mac OS w/ Windows 10 guests. Perhaps VMWare Workstation has something planned next for Linux hosts?

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
        Parallels recently got Direct3D 11 implemented in Metal for Mac OS w/ Windows 10 guests. Perhaps VMWare Workstation has something planned next for Linux hosts?
        Somebody should start a project to support DirectX 11 on VM via Vulkan based on DXVK.

Comment

you only need proton for that. valve is working with vendors

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            Somebody should start a project to support DirectX 11 on VM via Vulkan based on DXVK.
            doesn't dxvk just work on windows with vulkan drivers(i have no idea)?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              doesn't dxvk just work on windows with vulkan drivers(i have no idea)?
              Oh! This can be a method. Now to bring VirVK...

...but will the aforementioned anti-cheat software work? DXVK is known to have issues with anti-cheat games.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                ...but will the aforementioned anti-cheat software work? DXVK is known to have issues with anti-cheat games.
                i think it's a wine issue, but maybe they don't like any non-standard dll - dunno

Comment

Anti-cheats usually pretty good in detecting the fact that program is running in virtual machine, so virgl not gonna help here anyway. We need either native releases with native EAC/BattleEye, or some solution from Valve.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    i think it's a wine issue, but maybe they don't like any non-standard dll - dunno
                    Any unsigned library is a no-no for anti-cheats. DXVK devs would have to provide signed dlls for it to have any chance to work on battleye/eac.

Comment

Working...
                    X