• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Systemd 243 RC2 Released

Systemd 243 RC2 Released

Phoronix: Systemd 243 RC2 Released

Released nearly one month ago was the systemd 243 release candidate while the official update has yet to materialize. It looks though like it may be on the horizon with a second release candidate being posted today...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...3-RC2-Released

• aht0
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    while it is insignificant to you, it can't be used as evidence to support move to sysvinit
    who cares?
    You are again gnawing on the wrong end of an argument, lol... fact of dropping the systemd is what we are discussing, not what's going to be used instead.
    Some other dude claimed about distros going back to sysvinit.

I don't literally care, since I am using rc-init or openrc anyways and just presented you with a fresh fact: another distro is ditching systemd. Your opinion to previous such claim by somebody else was "stop abusing drugs lol". End of story.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    I think it's not significant that it moved over to runit
    while it is insignificant to you, it can't be used as evidence to support move to sysvinit
    Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    Next release of Knoppix is going to ship without.
    who cares?

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    but to runit is not to sysvinit, so how is it relevant for discussion of hallucinations of distros going back to sysvinit?

you found none so far
    Void indeed stopped using systemd. And I think it's not significant that it moved over to runit (which is not important here) but the fact that it gave up using systemd. You were trying to obfuscate the argument.

Now there's another distro giving up using systemd. Next release of Knoppix is going to ship without.
    https://www.linux-magazin.de/ausgabe...knoppix-8-5/3/

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by andyprough View Post
    Void Linux moved from systemd to runit by default in 2014
    but to runit is not to sysvinit, so how is it relevant for discussion of hallucinations of distros going back to sysvinit?
    I would find more for you
    you found none so far

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    At which point you realized that MX Linux is wildly popular on Distrowatch
    lol, when you say "popular" you actually mean "popular on distrowatch". well, since nobody cares about distrowatch popularity, i understand why you are omitting that part

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by gripped View Post
    It's hard to have a Linux distro with no traces of systemd at all.
    just as it's hard to have a linux distro with no traces of glibc. but i'm sure you can find few hyperactive idiots if you look hard enough
    Last edited by pal666; 08-27-2019, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by Anvil View Post
    i see plenty of Distro's going back or being able to use ( sysvinit )
    stop abusing drugs

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied

Void Linux moved from systemd to runit by default in 2014: https://voidlinux.org/news/2014/07/r...y-default.html

I would find more for you, but my charitable web searching time is all used up today.
    Okay, let me rephrase that: Anvil said that he SEES distros ditching systemd, but I haven't seen that in quite some time.

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Source? 'Cause I haven't seen any distro ditching systemd. Yes, there are distros without systemd, but they never had it to begin with so that doesn't count.
    Void Linux moved from systemd to runit by default in 2014: https://voidlinux.org/news/2014/07/r...y-default.html

I would find more for you, but my charitable web searching time is all used up today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X