Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
    At which point you realized that MX Linux is wildly popular on Distrowatch
    lol, when you say "popular" you actually mean "popular on distrowatch". well, since nobody cares about distrowatch popularity, i understand why you are omitting that part

Comment

Void Linux moved from systemd to runit by default in 2014
      but to runit is not to sysvinit, so how is it relevant for discussion of hallucinations of distros going back to sysvinit?
      I would find more for you
      you found none so far

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        but to runit is not to sysvinit, so how is it relevant for discussion of hallucinations of distros going back to sysvinit?

you found none so far
        Void indeed stopped using systemd. And I think it's not significant that it moved over to runit (which is not important here) but the fact that it gave up using systemd. You were trying to obfuscate the argument.

Now there's another distro giving up using systemd. Next release of Knoppix is going to ship without.
        https://www.linux-magazin.de/ausgabe...knoppix-8-5/3/

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
          I think it's not significant that it moved over to runit
          while it is insignificant to you, it can't be used as evidence to support move to sysvinit
          Originally posted by aht0 View Post
          Next release of Knoppix is going to ship without.
          who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            while it is insignificant to you, it can't be used as evidence to support move to sysvinit
            who cares?
            You are again gnawing on the wrong end of an argument, lol... fact of dropping the systemd is what we are discussing, not what's going to be used instead.
            Some other dude claimed about distros going back to sysvinit.

I don't literally care, since I am using rc-init or openrc anyways and just presented you with a fresh fact: another distro is ditching systemd. Your opinion to previous such claim by somebody else was "stop abusing drugs lol". End of story.

Comment

Working...
            X